Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Encounter Trigger happening before Spawn Protection check for Stag Encounters

Discussion in 'World Building, Scenes, Environment, & Overworld' started by Anpu, Jul 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

07/15/2018 08:49
    Title: Encounter Trigger happening before Spawn Protection check for Stag Encounters
    Reproduction Rate: 100% for Stag Overland Encounters
    Blocker? No
    Details: When exiting from a Stag encounter on the overworld map, if another Stag encounter is spawned near the player, you will immediately get loaded into the encounter. Spawn Protection IS getting applied to the player, but the encounter trigger is happening immediately and/or it is not checking for the presence of the Spawn Protection, and ignores it. This happens with Stag encounters. Possibly because the radius of the encounter trigger is larger for these creatures than the other ones (Bandit, Skeleton etc...)? You cant even run away, the area loads before you can do anything.

Steps to Reproduce: Enter Stag Encounter on overworld map. Exit encounter. If another Stag encounter is spawned by the player, you will immediately enter the Stag encounter.

SotA.Win.64.805.Date.07.10.18

(This happens everywhere, it's not location specific).

2. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

this behaviour is not depending on the type of encounter ( bandit, skeleton, stag, wolf, dog etc.)
    as long as you spend enough time in the encounter so that a new encounter already is spawned on overworld again at the location you entered your encounter
    => this triggers your respawn at overworld and directly entering the next ecounter

I had this happen to me 6 times in a row before I could walk again on the overworld (I cleared each,) and after the 6th there was no more encounter to be seen at the overworld location

Jaesun likes this.
  3. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Ok that makes sense. I was collecting all the resources in every encounter. Hilariously, I kept getting Stag encounters over and over each time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.