1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice

Encumbrance Capacity masterwork naming is misleading

Discussion in 'Crafting, Harvesting, Salvage, & Agriculture' started by Aleksander, Oct 20, 2022.

1. Aleksander

Aleksander Avatar

While testing a way to increase my encumbrance capacity, I made a test backpack with only normal/major enc. cap. without extra skill modifiers

[​IMG]

Then went on and, totally naked, tested with and without this backpack the change of my max weight.

Naked
    [​IMG]

Naked with this backpack equipped
    [​IMG]

Obviously the naming of the masterworks effects made me think I could increase my total capacity by 19.8%, but in truth the effect is an increase on the Hevy Lifter tactics skill.

Now, if someone without that skill unlocked equips this backpack would see no change at all in his capacity, while others (like me) would think it affects the total max weight.

Would it be possible then to rename this effect into something more clear for the user? For example "Heavy Lifter Bonus" or something similar would definitely make everything easier :)

Anpu likes this.
  2. Coswald_Dirthmire

Coswald_Dirthmire Bug Hunter

Surely this is as designed? The effect isn't a modifier of the Heavy Lifter skill, it's just adding to the same stat. Basically it's 19.8 percentage points, adding to a stat that is already >0. If you use the backpack on a character that has no existing Encumbrance Capacity modifiers you should see the pure 19.8% boost. Heavy Lifter skill, Obsidian Potions of Capacity, Belts of the Ox, Imbued Jewels of the Ox, mounts and their associated skills, and spec'd Strength of Earth buffs all modify this stat as well. And they all add together, they don't compound.

This is true of most stats in the game, all the modifiers from different sources are added together and then applied to what they are modifying. Imagine two daggers with +50% poison effectiveness, adding up to a +100% poison effectiveness modifier. That turns a 10 damage per tick poison into 20 damage per tick poison. It's not as if the first dagger adds +50% making it 15 damage per tick, then the second dagger adds another 50% making it 22.5 damage per tick.