End Game Content

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Razimus, Jun 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

This seasonal leaderboard 'flavor price' reminds me of Harvest Moon. I know it's a singleplayer game, but it's one of the few games I played that had seasons, and every Autumn, there was a Community fair, where you compete for the best produce at a farmer's market-like setting, and the winner was declared "Harvest King" or some such. As Harvest King, you get to dance with the Spring Goddess of the Spring Festival, (an honor the girls of the town compete for) and the two of you ride a hot air balloon together, where you 'sow the seeds', by releasing lanterns of plant seeds into the wind, to grow crops all over the countryside. (blessing this new year's harvest). Finally, I believe the King would preside over the following Autumn festival, alongside the mayor, and pass his title to this next year's winner.

It's been a very long time since I played, but that's about how I think it worked. I think Seasonal titles earned by official contests at town festivals and tournaments would work wonderfully in SotA. (Additionally leaderboards etc.) Perhaps there could be a competition/leaderboard during a festival to represent each of the virtues, and the winner of each event would be the official 'bearer of Courage', 'bearer of truth' or maybe there are better titles we can think of for these things! Imagine if one person could manage to become the winner of ALL virtue competitions within a single year, would they be the Avatar of the Virtues for the year? ;-) I realize the Novian's don't really believe in the old virtues, but I think they remember the 3 principals at least.

Obviously there'd need to be Chaos and anti virtue themed leaderboards with seasonal titles as well.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
    Razimus and Sean Silverfoot like this.
  2. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

Just seeing this and wanted to drop a response:

Rare items drops/rare craftables - Yes, the rareness will be more in the rare craftable material drops but end result will be essentially the same.

PVP Leaderboards - On the schedule for this quarter. More details to come but it will be optional so players don't have to show up if they don't want to. You know, so they can stay mysterious!

Non repetitive quests, and a lot of them - Yep! I think we've made it fairly public that we're ramping up the team size a bit to focus on lots of new content.

End game content will exist for both PVE and PVP. PVP will be in the form of more meaningful PVP experiences other than just "KILL EVERYONE YOU SEE!" :)

3. Furious Farmer

Furious Farmer Avatar

I would like to see fully customized player created houses by episode 5. I know some people think it breaks immersion, but how it is different than someone making a house out of closets and other odd ball items?

4. Duke Lorimus

Duke Lorimus Avatar

Well I think Portalarium Is off to a great start with helping us to have a much better experience dynamically, over the current norm that runs more linearly I can not express my dislike for carrot on a stick tactics .... So as long as they continue to listen and make SoTA as Dynamic as possible and help some of the great community members that put allot of time and thought into events , whey would anyone ever quit?

Miracle Dragon likes this.
  5. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

Cool info, thanks for the response! Look forward to these new features!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.