End Game XP

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by RadioMan, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RadioMan

RadioMan Avatar

There has been much talk of things being broken, or abused, of late in regards to the amount of XP people can earn in an hour.

For some reason, someone over lvl 100 being able to earn over 1mil XP an hour is considered a bad thing. The problem with this attitude is the sheer volume of XP you need to level when you are over 100. Even at 4mil an hour, it would take someone playing 24-7 for many years to get to level 200.

Now I can understand if the zones the players are using to do this now are not intended to be that generous. Fine. When will we get zones that are designed for that? Because the game will need them in Episode 1.

Right now all we are getting is knee-jerk reactions with little communication or collaboration.

Aldo, margaritte and Nemesis2 like this.
  2. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

I imagine, as higher end mobs come more and more into play. 6 skull areas.. etc etc, getting more exp per kill willl help balance this (just like normal leveling).
    Right now its people using exploits to GET millions an hour, and being in a position to do it with new mobs and such as new zones are released as well.
    Personally, i would think its just ruining the game for those people, as they are going to be out leveled on the new content, making it boring. But essentially being able to do this, means they can farm high end drops so easily, it kills the value for the average player.

I do wish they would elaborate a little bit on any plans to deal with said exploitation, but im not sure overly what they could do.. Reset is out of the question, can they punish exploiters for using in game features? not sure im informed enough to have a good opinion on that.

3. RadioMan

RadioMan Avatar

It was perfectly well possible to get over 2mil XP per hour per person without doing any sort of exploit. After one of the patches recently, a group sitting on a control point and killing the mobs that come -as intended- yielded that.

Before that patch, people were able to solo using Kiting and LOS tactics, again not exploiting, and were able to get around 800k per hour. When you add in the bonus for another person, that would goto just over 1mil.

They have adjusted the control point in question, but it is still possible to get over 1 mil per person in other locations without exploiting anything.

Just because some folks can do what you cannot, does not make it an exploit. Also, over level 100 or so it takes tens of millions of xp for a single level. So as I mentioned before, XP rates in the couple million per hour is not unreasonable in my opinion.

Is there need of some sort of balance, definitely. The drag capacity to power level others in SOTA is immense. So far, the tactics the devs have used are on the wrong path to actually correct the problem.

4. danjacobsmith

danjacobsmith Avatar

The problem with people getting millions of exp an hour at any level in this game is that many skills can be brought all the way to 100 with a few million experience. Do you really want the game to be set up so people can get a GM skill every hour or two? I have no issue with it taking years for someone to get a skill over 150 even with the highest level content.

I often solo or form small groups and I usually get around 200,000 experience an hour. Even at this rate I have just finish off my 10th GM today. Even at 200k an hour, I find the advancement just a little too fast. For example I can get non passive skills from 90 to almost 100 in one long day of play.

I believe that all mobs should have a frequency kill counter on them. As they are killed they give less experience each re-spawn. This way people would have to move around and explore the world, and they couldn't just sit in one spot and milk millions an hour. I would also make it global, so if a mob hasn't been killed in a while it might actually give bonus experience for being killed, but a monster that has been killed over and over again might only give 10 or 20 percent of its original experience.

This would create a situation where exploited areas would quickly balance with the rest of the content, because as it was exploited the total experience gained at that location would eventually be equal or less than normal content.

As players buy off of merchants the prices rise, why can't we have a system where as players kill monsters the exp changes?

Sara Dreygon, Tahru and Bow Vale like this.
  5. RadioMan

RadioMan Avatar

I would be cool with dynamic XP based on # of recent kills. Would need some transparency to know when it was in effect.

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  6. RadioMan

RadioMan Avatar

For someone who is north of level 110, with the way this game is designed, I do not see them getting around that problem.

7. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

Out of curiosity, can i ask your build please. Not exact but generally?

8. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

You have it all wrong the reason this is a problem is the game should have NEVER EVER been made that allowed players to reach the levels thay have in less than 4 months.

I know there are those that will grind to no end but the percentage of players at this level is just plain insane and way out of whack.

The problem is players who have reached this level thru whatever method they used need to understand they are the ones who are in need of fixing not the game adjusting to them.

Sadly now the game just sit in an idle mode for some since content is already "end Game" others have figured they will profit from this by selling their game play. . . . .

There is not one side of this that works out goo for ther delopers or the power gamers. ther only solution is starting over and of course that is not a solution.

Game started to easy and now the fix , well we will see how it goes.

Peace done here, enjoy and good luck.

Luca Xante and FrostII like this.
  9. RadioMan

RadioMan Avatar

Lets agree to disagree on this one.

10. Mirjhaf Uth'Mathar

Mirjhaf Uth'Mathar Avatar

Like a said before,
    Why, they don't just put a XP Limit in Both tree, Adventurer, and/or Crafting, and XP Limit at 5000xp or something like that..

That will prevent that kind of situation.

Bow Vale likes this.
  11. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

I would like to see an Obsidian XP multiplier potion choice to cope with the monster grinding.

I would also like to see repeatable quests for each town (Witcher 3 board) as a choice instead of monster grinding.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.