Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Entering Hilt Fortress from Paladis Passage

Discussion in 'Release 43 Feedback Forum' started by Gix, Jul 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gix

Gix Avatar

Paladis Passage has yellow ranking enemies (for me) that I can dispatch one at a time. I find a passage that leads to Hilt Fortress and I was curious to see how the two connects. I figured "why not?" the kobolds might be a little overwhelming but they're still yellow.

The passage leads you deep inside Hilt Fortress in an area littered with orange enemies. "Alright," I thought, "no biggie. I'll just turn around". It turns out that the door leading back to Paladis Passage is locked.

I'm stuck in an area that I can't get through. If I exit and reload the game to spawn in overworld, not only does that contradict the very nature of the game but I'm in a completely different part of Novia that I either need to traverse Control Points for or use Lunar Rifts. This is a big biggie; the mistake of going through a loading screen was nearly instantly regretted and the penalty is disproportional.

This kind of thing is discouraging any wish of exploration I might have. Lets me honest, exploration is practically the only thing this game has going for it right about now. What would help spare us from a loading screen is if the enemies near that door had a difficulty rating that matched the ones on the other side of the doors, so that we'd know what we'd be getting into.

If ANY door needed to be locked, it'd be the ones that would LEAD TO THE HARDER AREAS; not the ones that lead to easier areas.

But more importantly:
    When people load from the other side, those doors need to spawn open.

If you want to build a game where you want players to troubleshoot problems with some level of realism, the world needs to act accordingly.

GreyMouser Skye and Lazlo like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.