Epic Leather Tailoring skill level?

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by Hartsblade, Aug 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hartsblade

Hartsblade Avatar

Hi folks,

Does anyone know what level in Tailoring I would need to be to craft the various Epic Leather Armor pieces?

Thanks!

2. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

Not sure of the levels required, but if you hover your mouse over a recipe that a vendor sells, it will show you(I think in Red) what level you need to Learn the recipe.

3. GreyMouser Skye

GreyMouser Skye Avatar

The recipe should tell you, just remember it is proficiency not level that matters. Benefactor table, certain tools, and a devotional will help.
    If you have no recipe and are asking... I do not think it is high. Likely in the 40 range... if that. Though I admit I was grandfathered this one in before any recent changes.

4. Hartsblade

Hartsblade Avatar

Thanks guys. I'm level 45 and using

8 yards of leather
    2 iron bindings
    4 leather straps
    4 was

Trying to craft the chest piece, with no luck. Does anyone have a different recipe?

5. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

Yeah...forgot, the hover over on Recipe might show required Proficiency and not Level. If that is the case, you can see your current proficiency in the Skills Gump. You can also gauge what Level = what Proficiency by simple division; Your current Proficiency divided by your Level will show you what Proficiency you get per level. This may be an approximation of your future Proficiency, as the Proficiency gain per level may be less the higher your Level gets.

6. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

Oh...You all ready CAN craft the item, you are just failing to. When you craft something, in the Bottom-Right of the Crafting Gump you can view, after you've selected the Item to craft and provided you have the materials to make said item, the % chance of actually making the item as well as the % chance to make an Exceptional(higher durability) version of the item. As your Level/Proficiency gets higher, your chance to create an item and make an exceptional item will get higher.

7. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

if it's not flagged as reteachable, you can't discover it it no matter what your level. you'll have to find someone to trade it to you if it's teachable but not reteachable, or selling it if it's not teachable at all

8. GreyMouser Skye

GreyMouser Skye Avatar

I see. It is not a recipe to "discover" anymore. If perchance you do have the recipe already though there is still a bug/nuisance where your tailoring scissors can be at zero durability but the crafting information just says "no recipe"... even though you double clicked on the recipe to load the items.

9. Hartsblade

Hartsblade Avatar

Yup, found it at the Tailor and had to buy it. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.