Episode 2 Info?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MightyUnclean, Jul 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MightyUnclean

MightyUnclean Avatar

Hey guys,

Has there been any updated info released on Ep. 2 content and ETA?

Thanks!

2. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Not to my knowledge, but I don't have the time to watch the Twitch streams.

It would be nice to get some update, as I am eagerly awaiting E. 2; but equally as important is fixing all the stuff still needing work in Episode 1.

Maya SaintClaire likes this.
  3. Parson Barr

Parson Barr Avatar

Nothing specific to Episode 2. They've changed the development process so they simply work on things needing work. That being said, the major things for Episode 2 (new questing system, new lands, better loot, player made quests) will all come about organically as they fix and replace the affected systems.

For example, updating the NPC dialog system so you can write your own dialog impacts the quest system as well as player made content. Adjusting the permissions system also feeds into player made content by allowing objects to be moved around. All we need now are triggers for when these events happen.

If I had to guess based on what I've heard it probably goes something like:

Continued bug fixes and QOL updates
    Player made content tools
    Combat/Loot improvements
    New Lands/Continents
    Quest system replacement

Lots of other things they've promised but I'm trying to be realistic.

PB

4. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I wouldn't hold my breath. It's possible that large amounts of work are being done on episode 2 stuff in secret, but my gut tells me little has been done.

5. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Please don't let people pressure you into an early EP2 launch Port. Finiish Ep1 and all its tech first.

There are some who will try to pressure because they want to see the game fail.

6. oplek

oplek Avatar

Of course, that gets a little fuzzy when apparently getting to Ep. 2 also translates into fixing Ep. 1.

Cordelayne likes this.
  7. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

A premature launch will be a disaster.

8. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

I think they also need to do a major overhaul on the character creation part.... It really is horrible. The hair styles are limited and very very very very very extremely (you get the message) UGLY. Hope they add a lot more of choices to it. The faces I don't like... They look old and ugly... Please please please please redo character creation... as is, it is a huge turn off to me... Character creation must be a huge part of EP2 ….

9. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

No word on the PoTs that are moving to Ep 2 lands either. So work is going on yet.

10. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

A million times this. Don't even do EP2 without the character overhaul. So many people stop right there, why waste all that publicity?

11. evillego6

evillego6 Avatar

Are you talking about an Episode 2 marketing launch? They've said all along that systems content would be playable as it's finished and not held for a launch type patch.

12. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Yeah, the ETA of Ep2.

Even the UI. I know we have heard that it's fine, it's not. A UI designer needs to be hired and spend months on it before EP 2 is launched or we're just going to get another wet noodle moment.

And I strongly suggest we should not have the EP2 land content dribbled out over time. A big wow is a lot better than 100 unmentioned improvements. Dribble out all the scenes and the publicity will be almost zero.

13. Joe Zhudarak

Joe Zhudarak Avatar

For me Ep2 must have:

- New character creation.
    -New UI like Albion online made before launch.
    - New Quest dialogs and journal system.
    - Bard skill tree inspired in UO and Star Wars Galaxies.
    - Complete core features: New skills for Chaos...Water...Sun...Moon... Combat balance... And The promissed crafting polishment.
    - New Monsters with New mechanics
    - Treasure system
    - Faction PVP and guild wars
    - Huge immersive new scenes with NPCs...quests...dungeons

And The most important... A huge FPS and loading time boost

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
  14. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

It was stated the Ep2 will be rolled out in installments. The first zones will be coming in the near future. There has been a lot of development on the underline systems as stated above to support what Ep2 brings as well to fix some of the problems in Ep1.

-Character creation was revamped to get players into action sooner with better instructions on how to play along the way
    new character design elements were talked about like hair and other which will come but not considered a priority based on the response

-With new lands there will be new quests and stories. There is already some lore and one quest that brings up what is happening to the north...

-New quest dialog and journal stuff is slated to come out at some point and I believe is being worked on or at least discussed/planning based on twitch stream information. Not much beyond that.

-Bard was brought up by Chris as something he and others want to bring in at some point but no eta.

-New skills for moon / sun discussed as both those schools only have 1 attack currently. More skills will come for sure in Ep2 if not over time. They have already added taming skills, summon skills and resistances over the last few months.

-New Monsters / races were discussed in a twitch. We do know there are 3 for sure new something for the new lands. As well it was discussed that there would be new creatures introduced over time based on many discussions in twitch streams.

-Treasure system is still planned as well an expand on more fishing rares etc.

-PVP not sure where that is at but castle sieges were to come at some point and I think some of the underlining tech was required to make that happen which is part of the world building modular stuff. perhaps something to bring up in next few twitch streams :)

-New zones is a given when the new lands come. 2 are in the works I believe which are the pre start zones for ep2. this of course is based on info from twitch streams. Not sure what stage just that they have been discussed a few times.

-Optimizations are happening every release. More things are starting to support threading which is one of the current limitations to alot of the frame rate issues. Just think of this 1 year ago today we were at 12fps in player towns :)

Some core systems that are being worked on based on information which may pertain to ep2: Some of these are speculation based on small tid bits of info from streams.

-NPC gear (mannequins) this I believe is probably an underline system for player quests npcs, perhaps some spawner's and more.

-Modular dungeon and navi mapping systems are big parts to a greater system. with the direction of these it will lead to the ability for auto generated dungeons which could be related to treasure maps and random encounter dungeons anyone? As well the module systems could be used for housing and sounded like it was part of a core system needed for siege system.

-Permission systems being reworked which I think is not only for lots but dungeons and other things to get ready for keyed chests and doors etc.

-monster / npc spawners these are almost ready we got a small taste in chris's stream I even went and fought the 3 he placed. These I think could be used in so many ways from dungeons, towns, to other scenes as another way to get content in faster and or automated generated content see above comment in dungeon and navi mapping systems.

-Navi map stitching, dungeons brought in a new way to prefab the navi mesh to various rooms and locations which when combined with more rooms etc stitch them together. this saves the system from having to generate a new over all mesh every time as well fixes many issues which plagued the older generating (like doorways etc which had issues).

I am sure there is plenty more on the table that we dont know about, once Chris gets back it sounded like they were about to announce something really exciting which is pretty much everything new these days :)

Astirian likes this.
  15. Cirsee

Cirsee Avatar

Curious to hear the exciting news

Astirian likes this.
  16. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Has there been? Admittedly, I don't catch all the streams, but I'v enot heard much even mentioned about episode 2 in a while. Not saying you're wrong, just wondering where you got that info.

17. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

As we know from Darkstarr's Release 68 instructions,
    • this is what we may expect for Episode 1 until end of year:
    We also know (from last Friday stream), Grandmaster Craftsman only effects may be in soon. Chris talked today about further loot/fight improvements.

• this is what we may expect for Episode 2:
    Two things, named Episode 2 content(!), are already implemented, at least in part:
    - Taming system expansions
    - expanded permissions for containers and doors

Don't forget, that Episode 2 also provides "EARLY ACCESS"!
    New lands should rise for early access for Episode 2, I am assuming with Q4.
    --> And, of course, this content should not be accessable for free! <--

I don't know how the rest of Episode 2 content will be done "Episode 2 only"?
    Will we still have "old" Dialogue and Journal system with Episode 1 - and "new" Dialogue and Journal system with Episode 2 (with entering the new lands?).

Would be very interesting information for a livestream :)

However: I suppose, main Episode 2 content will start with Q1 2020 ...
    The state of the game by end of 2019 seems to be good and stable.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
    Astirian, Feeyo and Cordelayne like this.
  18. Greyfox

Greyfox Avatar

I agree with all of the above.

Based upon the current pace of development Episode 2 will be released with the above content in 2029. Unfortunately 2029 is the same year Star Citizen releases and everyone will be playing Star Citizen.

Ironically in 2030 (AOC said so) when climate change forces all humans to return to living in caves and the Internet shuts down, ARRRRRGHHHHH!!!! We won't be able to play either game. At least AOC can make us some cave cocktales.

Spoiler alert: Our world ended in 1962, a result of the Cuban Missile crisis. We are all just a simulation running on some kid's PC.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
  19. Arcanoxer

Arcanoxer Avatar

No, please No.
    The early access continues with Episode 2 and every player is abused as an alpha tester, whether he wants it or not. :mad:

Cordelayne likes this.
  20. Maya SaintClaire

Maya SaintClaire Avatar

hahahahaha.... hohohohooo.... hehehehe.... lolololol
    yup yup, so true.... I hear so many squeaky wheels but with a dev team this size, there is only so much "grease" to go around. I haven't been here long but one of my "first impressions" is that we have a great albeit small team with grand plans and an honest desire to please.... but they need help. Perhaps its time to consider adding some "Sell Swords" to the army?

*goes back to my music and continues laughing with @Greyfox*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.