Episode 2 Question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GMDavros, Aug 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GMDavros

GMDavros Avatar

To be completely honest, i feel a little silly asking this but i've gotten confused on how this is all supposed to play out.

I thought i remembered that you had to "buy" episode 2 to be able to play it. I kickstarted Episode 1 and i don't believe i bought into anything beyond that.

I keep on reading and hearing that Ep2 content is being dribbled in, even that some of the current releases have put stuff in (e.g. updated taming and such). I'm certainly making use of those enhancements right now, so what's the story?

Do i have to buy Ep2 or am i starting to get the benefits of it now?

Fenris

Arcanoxer and Cordelayne like this.
  2. Forum Name

Forum Name Avatar

You don't have to have Episode 2 for anything that has been "Dribbled in" so far.

What is unknown is if the Episode 2 new lands, whenever they show up, will be gated (i.e., restricted unless you have Episode 2 on your game account). I would suspect that is how Episode 2 would work, but that's only speculation. Long story short, anything being added thus far you have total access to.

Cordelayne likes this.
  3. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

You can check to see if you have Chapter 2 access by checking your titles (Keypad -). Look for the title Visionary. That means you will have Chapter 2 access when the new content starts coming out.

Spoon and Beaumaris like this.
  4. oplek

oplek Avatar

My question is, will Episode 2 be F2P like episode 1? When I bought Ep 2 access, we hadn't cone F2p yet... so the product I purchased was exclusive Ep. 2 access. Not early access. If that changes, I should get a refund, because the product I purchased fundamentally changed into something else.

Arcanoxer likes this.
  5. GMDavros

GMDavros Avatar

That's kinda where my head was at. With content (presumably) from Ep2. available, what about Ep2. is exclusive? Also, i've checked and i do not have that title, so assuming there is still some form of exclusivity i'd need to buy, how would i go about doing that?

6. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

7. oplek

oplek Avatar

8. GMDavros

GMDavros Avatar

I suppose at some point they'll declare some kind of Ep2. release and do whatever gating they intend to do. (assuming they even intend to do that now) Up until that official notice it's all Ep1. to me. Weird that they would call out putting Ep2 content in before any particular release of it though. Seems to cheapen the Ep2. nickel IMHO.

Fenris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.