Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Equipped, I can't kill a Mimic. Did damage dealt change too??

Discussion in 'Release 8 Feedback' started by Kraxtor, Jul 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kraxtor

Kraxtor Avatar

First, I acknowledge I did not play as much this weekend as I did in R7 (cough*destinybeta*cough). Second, I'm reserving judgement about the deck system and combat. I'm liking the threads I'm reading about these. But, seriously, I can't kill a Mimic??

So, in R7, similarly equipped, I was able to kill pretty much any single mob at a time (other than a Satyr Warrior). I had no issue with a mage, skeleton knight, or kobold. I loaded up on augmented leather head to toe, cloak, sword and shield, and went to the clink. The mimic within killed me. Quickly. Frequently.

True, I'm not a great combat guy. PVP is not my thing, as I prefer story and exploration. Yes, I loaded my deck and opted for my skills. Fact, I only fought that one Mimic. BUT, judging by that alone compared with R7, this time that Mimic absolutely destroyed me. This is equipped similarly in terms of armor, weapons, and spells.

It seems a lot of focus is on PVP and Deck Combat. As well it should be - these are the "new shine-ies". But was damage output tweaked on blades? Do Mimics now have "sharp" and/or "fire" resitance? It may be that I'm just that bad at combat, but I'm curious as to the rest of your thoughts.

Question - How did you feel non-PVP combat was this go round?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.