Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Escape key

Discussion in 'Release 56 Feedback' started by Barugon, Aug 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I really hate that the escape key brings up the options window. This is especially bad when something attacks me while I'm looting corpses and, right then, I get hit with some massive hitching. Can you please add a keybinding for the options window so that I can set it to something other than escape?

mccpz and Mishikal like this.
  2. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

This is also problematic when you've targeted another avatar (say for healing), and you've switched targets a bit but still have them in the background, and are trying to deselect them via ESC. You can end up with the options window up instead of deselecting them.

Barugon likes this.
  3. mccpz

mccpz Avatar

this is the most frustrating part of the game to me. I'm in combat, as OP said dropping frames, and I have to use escape key to stop my music playing while keeping my party target, attack target, and keep moving while doing this. Oh no, the instrument stuff is not reliable and the song never started, so i've just lost my target and now have to rely on the terrible target system again... loot window open while running... oh no, it automatically closed due to range in the frames that got dropped and now i've opened the options menu. I need to close the menu but not accidentally perform any other escape action afterward...

it's just too much game mechanics hard-bound to a menu button. The fix seems so simple too... just add a 2 lines to the keybind menu, one for "open menu" and one for "stop playing song"...

my workaround is literally to jump to stop music.. this cannot be the design expectation.

4. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

try pressing "M" during combat......RIP

Mishikal likes this.
  5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

The map doesn't even work on Linux, so M is not bound to anything in my client. You should try setting it to ctrl+M so you don't accidentally hit it during combat.

Mishikal likes this.
  6. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Yeah, I've remapped a lot of stuff from the default to "CTRL+<default>" instead exactly because it's way to easy to hit them by accident while fighting.

Barugon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.