Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Etceter Crag Mine is fun but...

Discussion in 'Release 19 Feedback' started by Barugon, Jun 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

...by the time I got to the elemental room, I ran out of ammo and had to leave. :-(

2. Gabriel Nightshadow

Gabriel Nightshadow Avatar

...but arrows and reagents weigh a lot in large quantities. :( (Bumping some of the spells up a tier in this release also added to the reagent requirements :eek:) Even with Max Lifter at level 5, there's only so much you can carry :rolleyes:

Chatele and Lord Baldrith like this.
  3. causepain

causepain Avatar

take more arrows or grab less loot. Invest in strength ?

4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I took 600 arrows. I guess more is needed.

5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Is there anything past the elemental room?

6. Dunnigan2

Dunnigan2 Avatar

There are trade-offs with each fighting style. Archers need to carry arrows, mages need to carry reagents, melee need to wear heavier armor. If you are min/maxxed for PvP for example, and you are not melee, you are going to have less carry ability.

I couldn't find anything past the elemental room, and OMG those things re-spawn fast.

I was able to kill them 1 at a time on the way in, but after finding a loop in the crystal room, and coming back out, they had all re-spawned and it was more difficult to encounter them only 1 at a time.

7. causepain

causepain Avatar

When they will receive any loot they will stop re-spawn after few seconds.

8. Dunnigan2

Dunnigan2 Avatar

If I remember correctly, at least for the ghosts in upper floors, there is not yet implemented puzzle logic, that can cause some of the re-spawn to cease. It may be a similar situation for the elementals.

9. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

There is nothing past the crystal room. Chaox shared his design version of the map.in another thread. Now that doesn't prevent him rom adding something during the development phase. :)

10. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

Warriors have more strength so the balance is not there. Mage and Archers are dex/int characters.

11. Dunnigan2

Dunnigan2 Avatar

Magic in PvP generally does a LOT more DPS to an armored melee character, then an armored melee character is capable of doing to an unarmored magic user, primarily because of the ability to kite, and the necessity of the melee character to have to close this gap, but also for other reasons such as damage and resistances, etc ....

Overall, I prefer melee for PvE, because the heavy armor is kinda the "easy button" for me.

The balance isn't in strength alone. Melee generally have more strength, but have to be up close to kill things. Some monster types are more susceptible to magic then melee, etc ...

At the end of the day, its about trade-offs for a given preferred play-style, and each play-style has its own strengths and weaknesses to a given situation.

12. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

Unfortunately, the trades offs thus far for being a mage are not worth the many many deaths over wearing plate and using a pole arm or bludgeon weapon.

My preferred play style is magery which is not effective for me. I do not play an up close mage...I do not use death magic...I play fire/ice or some other 2 elemental spell damage combination...I do not like the forced many tree activities of this combat system.

Jivalax Azon likes this.
  13. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

For some reason, I always gravitate toward archery in every FRPG I play. It's not the most powerful but it's fun.

Gabriel Nightshadow likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.