Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Eternal Mandrake Root yields only 2 & no change for greenhouse growth

Discussion in 'Release 36 Bug Forum' started by ValsNoisyToys, Dec 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ValsNoisyToys

ValsNoisyToys Avatar

1. Title: Eternal Mandrake Root yields only 2 & greenhouse for greenhouse growth
    2. Reproduction Rate: 100%
    3. Blocker? No
    4. Details:
      Two issues I noticed when testing eternal mandrake seeds (I didn't have the other types of eternal seeds (garlic, nightshade) available to test but it might well affect them as well.

Planting in or outside of a greenhouse yields the same growth rate of 24 hours, it can only be watered twice, and has the same max yield of 2.

So, two problems:
      a) a regular mandrake plant, when watered four times will produce 14-17 plants upon harvest, regardless of whether they are grown in a greenhouse (maturity 24 hours) or outside (maturity 48 hours). An eternal mandrake seed producing only 2 yield, always growing in 24 hours regardless of greenhouse or outdoors, and only being able to be watered twice seems incorrect.
      b) the greenhouse has no effect on the growth rate.

Note: I didn't test this indoors as a 0.1 growth rate renders the test too long for me to do. If this plant is intended to only be useful when grown indoors, and has the same 24 hour maturity rate, I can kind of see a small use to it, if this behavior is as intended and the grower has only the interior of a house available for growing the plant.

5. Steps to Reproduce: Plant 1 eternal mandrake outside (1.0 growth) and 1 inside a small rusted iron greenhouse (2.0 growth)

2. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

@ValsNoisyToys - Thank you for reporting.

From what I understand, none of the "Eternal" pledge reward seeds work like the normal agriculture seeds. They should not be affected by greenhouse bonuses or any other future growth bonus (like fertilizer and/or seasonal or weather affects) that may get introduced. They were given as pledge rewards to provide a fixed amount of resources on a daily basis.

They should not be affected by greenhouse growth rates as that would allow for 2 harvests per 24 hour period instead of the intended once per day.

Also, the yield is a fixed harvest (minimal) amount for these seeds so they do not give an unfair advantage to those who have them.

In fact, you can sort of think of them as an item like the cornucopia... except it's a static reward and not a random one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.