1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Eternal Pattern: Shroud of the Avatar

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Lebu, Jan 11, 2024.

1. Lebu

Lebu Bug Hunter

Can we make the Shroud of the Avatar an Eternal Pattern, comparable to the Titan artifacts? I feel we would see a more players proudly wearing their hard-earned shrouds (the end game item) more frequently. In-turn, we may also see greater expressed interest in the game and seeing it through to completion.

Just a humble idea/opinion. Thank you all for continuing to do what you do!

P.S. Is there anything that can be done about the Shroud's graphic clipping? When worn by female type avatar's, certain (F) armors can make their busts look rather exposed through the Shroud. Generally speaking, The Shroud should be one of the most beautiful and appealing items in the game. This item represents the very name of the game itself! :)

Last edited: Jan 12, 2024
    Segalleon2, SammiX, Smegatron and 5 others like this.
  2. Rhymn

Rhymn Avatar

Concur without reservation. 'great idea!

Lebu, GenieUK and Virkhus2 like this.
  3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Maybe do something similar to the dread artifacts?

4. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

One of the reasons I don't wear my Shroud is it's less effective than other player made armor. Would be nice to have something available.

Lebu and Rhymn like this.
  5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I wish there were other pieces like the shroud and dread artifacts. I use them a lot.

Lebu and Rhymn like this.
  6. Smegatron

Smegatron Bug Hunter

I find it funny that *everyone* used to wear the shroud because it had better stats. But now player-made gear is better (which I like - don't change that!) so you seldom see a shroud.

I like this idea!

-Smeg

Lebu likes this.
  7. Aurelius Silverson

Aurelius Silverson Avatar

I like the idea, in theory, but I'm not sure how easy it would be to do completely. Built in to the shroud item is it checks your virtues to decide on it's colour, I don't know of any pattern that takes actual variable properties of an salvaged item item over to the new item - can anyone think of an example I am missing? I have genuinely no idea how hard, or easy, that would be to program, but even if you just want it to take the 'existing' colour at the time you salvage it for the pattern, that's going to need every pattern that's made to have a fixed colour which in turns, which might have implications for the database complexity.

Lebu likes this.
  8. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

Perhaps the Oracle can provide a Shroud Pattern?

Lebu likes this.
  9. Ravalox

Ravalox Chief Cook and Bottle Washer Moderator SOTA Developer

Any item that is made into a pattern does not retain its stats, the purpose of a pattern is to apply the appearance to another item.

Allowing the Shroud to be made into a pattern is not likely since the player can only obtain one, and it's special properties would be lost once changed into a pattern. Allowing a pattern to stack stats onto another item is not something that should ever be done as it would affect game balance. Also, patterns can never be changed back into the original item, and. whose to say what relevance or unrevealed properties the Shroud may hold in future episodes ;) [NOTE: this is the same for the Dread Artifacts (the Bonesteel Crown, Heart of Sorrows and Scepter of Dread) should not be made into patterns as their functionality would be lost and [possibly] prevent the player from completing the questlines in future episodes of the game.

Segalleon2, Cordelayne and Sentinel2 like this.
  10. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

this is a bug with the specific chest pieces that affects all cloaks on them. you'll need to report each.

Lebu likes this.
  11. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

You could still provide a way to create a pattern (ala dread artifacts) that is dyable.

Adam Crow and Lebu like this.
  12. Lebu

Lebu Bug Hunter

Stacking or double-dipping stats were never part of my intentions behind the idea of a pattern.
    I understand.

13. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

Understood. Perhaps the Oracle can provide a pattern in addition to the shroud itself?

Or maybe a second Oracle quest for the Pattern :)

Lebu likes this.