Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

"Eternal" seeds (mandrake, nightshade, garlic) - only give 1 resource item

Discussion in 'Release 36 Bug Forum' started by Raven Swiftbow, Dec 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raven Swiftbow

Raven Swiftbow Bug Hunter

12/4/2016 1:26 PM
    Title: "Eternal" seeds (mandrake, nightshade, garlic) - only give 1 resource item
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? No
    Details:
    - I have now confirmed that the eternal seeds only yield 1 of each item when they are harvested - i.e. you get 1 garlic from the garlic plant, etc.
    - I considered whether this should be "feedback" but I cannot imagine that it is not just a bug - consider:

--- yes, you pay some gold to buy normal seeds (we'll just use mandrake for an example)

--- but when you harvest that normal mandrake plant, you can get up to 16 mandrake roots! (presuming you have watered it regularly and this was grown in a greenhouse - but so was the eternal plants)

--- but with the exact same watering, the "eternal" seed yields only 1 mandrake root.

- So what is the incentive for even using the eternal seed? In the larger scheme of things it makes no sense to plant the eternal seed and use up precious greenhouse space if it is going to yield only 1 mandrake root.

Thus, my conclusion is that this must be either a simple oversight or a bug. I cannot fathom that it is "by design" as it simply does not save you enough gold, comparatively speaking, to use it! There is no "benefit" to using the eternal seeds currently.

*quietly packs away the eternal seeds*

Steps to Reproduce: Plant both types of seeds in a greenhouse. Water regularly. Check yields.

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8) System RAM: 16299
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 GPU RAM: 2016
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.511.Date.11.21.16
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_01a_template/Falling Waters Fortress
    Area Display Name: Falling Waters Fortress
    Loc: (-440.3, 65.0, -203.9)

Ataniiq likes this.
  2. Gamician

Gamician Avatar

@Raven Swiftbow, You know the routine, lol. Thanks for reporting. Issue submitted for Team review.

3. Raven Swiftbow

Raven Swiftbow Bug Hunter

Thanks, @Gamician! Indeed I do. :) Eh eh - they want a realistic economy, so I give them a cost-benefit analysis, lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.