Eurogamer: $12,000 castles and $2100 deeds - inside Shroud of the Avatar's booming housing market

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by smack, Feb 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

That remains about the dumbest thing port has done

Ahuaeynjgkxs and Time Lord like this.
  2. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

[​IMG]
    I agree, but I think those days of it's practice are numbered. I do think it will continue in some form or another with possible restrictions to "how new" an account is to have the ability to enter into the raffle <---<<< I see that as the only way ahead, but then there is the factor of those being great money sinks and whether or not that makes a good or bad impact on new players, because everyone doesn't win.
    But that's the reason I think our raffle's days may be numbered o_O~TL~

3. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Bananas, rice, cereals and peanut butter :p Yeah pretty much on the spot :D

But I could care less about what people do with their money investment or otherwise, to each their own and if they feel clever for using the word investment instead of pledge more power to them. I'm going to remain stubborn and antagonize them every chance I get, but I won't lose sleep over it.

However, like with all systems that DEEPLY affect gameplay, especially for roleplayers in this case, I would like an option to "opt out" of what I consider childish madness.

An option like siege perilous provided in UO.

Yes, I'm back again with this Siege stool chair vector...

It's the world upside down, now the preferences of the elite are being shoved down my throat and it completely ruins the game for me. Everywhere I walk instead of seeing humans and avatars I see someone possibly being two-faced and hunting profit instead. And there is nothing I can do to douse my anxiety.

The hands of the artist are tied... and bleeding.

It's as if we lost hope that someday a new generation of gamers will rebel against this soulless matrix that seems to drive studios prosperity, we were never faced with such a grand lie.

I repeat it, and its worth trillions for a dev studio... the future of gaming = education over speculation, culture over profit, community over likeability.

One day we will look back with great nausea over this dark age.

4. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

I invite everyone to think for themselves and search for "zynga share value" and put the timeline option at MAX (gives until 2012).

Can you see, understand what happened ?

5. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

I think one thing is certain, if not for some of those who took a risk and bought things with *investment* in mind the total $ collected thus far would be a helluva lot less. IDK, personally I don't get it... if a large house were to produce a new game would we hear the "O M G they're doing this for money!" cries? I guess I'm just out of touch with reality...*shrug*. It's like the comments I read that go.. We (who kickstarted) expected a GAME! Lordy... what kinda game could one expect for a couple mil?

In any event.... these forums provide entertainment.. even if often like a C grade movie :)

6. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

Some stocks go up, some go down. What's your point? If you wanna buy shares in a certain company fine.. place your bets and take your chances. If you don't.. don't. If you like a game.. (like SotA) cool.. if you don't.. for gosh sakes... sell your acct and go find another game.. or get a library card.. or take a walk... get a life or something instead of spending all your time posting negative slant mini Op Eds.

7. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Indeed you seem to have quite lost touch, but its probably not your fault.

Look at how much EA invested in UO after origin systems, its impressive.

Yet I played at the same time on freeshards, with 0 investment, with more customs graphics than EA, more quests, more content, more active playerbase, more gms doing a more professional job, less hacking, less bugs, less lag...

I would say the freeshards in all aspects I can think of were at least twice better.

So no, its not too much to "ASK" even if agressively, for a GAME to be delivered, or at least an option like siege perilous that uses the same ressources we have.

Of course I'm not harassing devs about it, ever... I take my place when moderated, but don't ask me to stop being perseverant about it :p

8. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Sad day for you, I'm locked inside a shop all day and you can't tell me what I can and cannot do :p

It's indeed a nice day out :) its a pain...

My point is simple... those game models do not last, because they do not allow intuitive community building.

Don't get me wrong Zynga has had incredible success... they still have studios going and all... its just not "out of the box" or "revolutionary" like many of our devs here seem to think. It was a bubble... like all other bubbles, and if you are insensitive to all the people who were sent into poverty because of such a twisted view of capitalism... then I don't know what to say to you.

It is negative, but noone is going to cry because of it :p

9. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

LOL I bought Twitter when it came out. I've moved on though :)

Ahuaeynjgkxs likes this.
  10. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

good move :)

Somedays I wish I had invested more in IT than trying to start my own business (total fail even if 10 years later I get told I have the best designs) ; but I really cherish my disillusioned somewhat blasé perspective, its prevented me from having to be friends with other "privileged" people whom way too often are a drain rather than true friendship.

I like to be useful, so I surround myself with people who know what gratitude means :)

but yeah, it sent me back in retail with the minimum wage struggling just to pay my dentist and medical care...

a golden prison... at least I'm conscious of it and the reasons for hating the chains instead of the opressor, who's throne was built in me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.