Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Exceptional chance for items - Can we fix it ?

Discussion in 'Release 69 Feedback Forum' started by Elrond, Aug 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

I know that when you craft gazilion item the exceptional chance fits what it says but not everyone can craft 100 items to get 24-28 exceptionals . Most people craft 10-20 items and get sometimes 3 , sometimes 4 exceptionals even with 28% chance, thats barely half from what we should be getting ...its incredibly frustrating and makes us feel cheated .

2. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

Just finished crafting 20 chests with 28% exceptional chance i got 2 exceptionals.... i can afford the loss ... but it still sux BIG TIME .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dhanas and Barugon like this.
  3. Joe Zhudarak

Joe Zhudarak Avatar

Solution for devs: Combine 4 normal crafted items with max durability and make a new one exceptional.

We don´t want tons of mediocre itens with low durability, give crafters the abilitiy to provide things that costumers want to buy.

Elwyn, Drya, Ziege2 and 10 others like this.
  4. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

Great idea, i am definitely for this

Elrond and Joe Zhudarak like this.
  5. Bryce Pallaton

Bryce Pallaton Avatar

I spent a lot of time making 180 dyes last night. It shows a 74% success chance on light/dark dyes and 91% on neutral dyes. However, what I've seen is closer to 50% success chance on light/dark and 80% on neutral dyes.

The trend I've noticed (not just on dyes, on any crafted item) is that if you take the number that you are presented with, and square it (so a recipe that shows 95% success ~> 90%, 75% ~>56%), the number that you get is more in-line with the experience.

Perhaps what is happening under the hood is that two rolls occur, and the worse one is applied. That would approximate the statistics that I am seeing.

This jives with Elrond's report: 20 * .28 ~= 5 or 6 expected Exceptional Successes on average. (Average is not necessarily going to happen for every set of 20.) However, 20 * .28 * .28 ~= 1 or 2 expected Exceptional Successes, which matches the anecdote. (More data would be helpful.)

6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Yes please.

Dhanas likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.