Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Exceptional crafting suggestion

Discussion in 'Release 51 Feedback Forum' started by Lord John Whorfin, Mar 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord John Whorfin

Lord John Whorfin Avatar

I just got a little idea when i've see me make an Exceptionnal Spool of cotton thread... that do nothing for now and its just a kind of glitch since you coton spool will be normal anyway :)

But that make me think about a thing.

Why not possible to make Exceptionnal material (like maple board, bolt of cotton, etc etc) That could be used as normal OR if you use just 100% of exceptional material, that boost your chance to make an exceptional item ? Right now im GM carpentry and i got for exemple 24% chance to make exceptional crossbow. If i use exceptionnal material i could have like double my chance or tripple depend of the difficulty to make exceptionnal material.

Thats a little idea like that

Thanks for reading !

2. Kaffien

Kaffien Avatar

Blue Rose Isle, Crafters Town, Black Rock Cove
    I'd suggest perhaps a little less of a buff 50% - 75% seems a bit high. Perhaps 30% - 50% would be great.
    I think it's wrong that I have a 24% chance at 80 Carpentry and you have the same at GM.

I do like the idea of using exceptional material to achieve a better chance of crafting exceptional items though.
    It makes pretty good sense really.

You'll also need a way to denote the fact that this particular item / stack of items is exceptional material.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.