Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Exiting South Celestial Wetlands left tamed pet there and elevated me above overland map

Discussion in 'Release 30 Bug Forum' started by Acred, Jun 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Acred

Acred Avatar

6/15/2016 5:21 PM
    Title:Exiting South Celestial Wetlands left tamed pet behind and elevated me above overland map
    Reproduction Rate: Yes, it did re-occur.
    Blocker?no
    Details:Exiting Area: South Celestial Wetlands (Novia_R1_Swamp01_01) Loc: (15.7, 22.9, 220.0) landed me high above the map and my tamed pet was supposedly back in its summoning whistle. When I re-entered South Celestial Wetlands, at the OTHER normal entry gate - my pet was still in the wetlands scene but at my new location. After exiting from Area: South Celestial Wetlands (Novia_R1_Swamp01_01) Loc: (15.7, 22.9, 220.0) again, I was in the air, tamed pet was not with me. Upon entering North Celestial Wetlands the pet did appear next to me without being summoned.
    Steps to Reproduce: enter South Celestial wetlands and summon pet, exit at Loc: (15.7, 22.9, 220.0)
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD Phenom(tm) 9750 Quad-Core Processor (4) System RAM: 6144
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 630 GPU RAM: 979
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.427.Date.06.06.16
    Area: Novia
    Loc: (316.3, 11.7, -295.7)

Dariog likes this.
  2. Acred

Acred Avatar

This might be more a tamed pet problem now. Yesterday, right before I left the North Celestial Wetlands (normal exit) I dismissed my tamed obsidian bear pet. I logged back in today on the overland map, entered North Celestial Wetlands and tried to call the pet, getting the "Your call was unanswered." message twice.

I exited North and entered South Celestial Wetlands, tried to call the pet and it did appear.

Not sure what to try next and I certainly do not want to lose my pet. Please advise @Attenwood if I should try teleporting to friend (none not in a mine ATM) or recalling to home, or exiting scene again and seeing if the pet will appear in other scenes?

3. Acred

Acred Avatar

Released the pet inside at Area: South Celestial Wetlands (Novia_R1_Swamp01_01) Loc: (-59.2, 18.9, -188.0) and exited through this gate to find myself in the air again. This time I went to Soltown and I could call the pet back. Whew!

4. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Bug submitted regarding spawning in the air. Can you verify if the unsummonable pet issue is still occurring?

5. Acred

Acred Avatar

It did not re-occur after exiting South Celestial Wetlands today. My avatar did exit onto an elevated position above the overland map, but upon entering Soltown, the pet could be summoned. However, this time I had dismissed the pet before leaving the Wetlands.

I'm not able to get back there tonight - but will try this exit with the pet still with me again tomorrow to see if it cannot be recalled except for in South Celestial Wetlands. If this is the case, you will hear from me again. Thanks for taking this seriously. It is a really odd one to find a pet restricted to calling up in only one zone!

6. Acred

Acred Avatar

The unsommonable pet issue is NOT still occurring @Attenwood .

I exited at Area: South Celestial Wetlands (Novia_R1_Swamp01_01) Loc: (15.9, 23.2, 220.8) with the combat pet still at my side. I arrived up in the air on the Overland Map with no name under mine on the screen. I entered North Celestial Wetlands and the pet was immediately back at my side.
    I closed the client completely and logged back in onto the World Map. I entered North Celestial Wetlands and could whistle up my combat pet normally. But I will keep my eyes out for any similar happenings!

Thanks for your attention.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.