Expanded Role-Playing as a Ghost!

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Ayan_Thymonte, Apr 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ayan Thymonte

Ayan Thymonte Avatar

Back when I played UO, I hated getting killed by PKr's. However, I did like the ability to play as a ghost. That had consequences, I think that your stats declined the longer you were a ghost. I would like it if in Shroud of the Avatar, you could play for extended periods of time as a ghost, and the ghost still resembled your character rather than an impersonal shade. AND ghosts should be able to do things, like move objects, make terrifying noises, and even speak, or whisper into people's ear. (with in reasonable limits of course.) How fun would it be to role play as a ghost in an actual haunted mansion? Or to hang around dungeons and warn other players? Or to set up treasure or vengeance quests for people? "So-and-so killed me... go avenge my death!"

And, if you get PK'd you should have the option to haunt/curse your killer, maybe have the ability to find them wherever they are, manipulate enemies around them, spook their horse, steal their stuff and hide it somewhere, you know, mess with them. Prolific PK'rs would be harassed by multitudes of their victims and get messed with constantly!

I would totally role play as a ghost if ghosts could do more than just go "OOOoooOOoooOoooOO"

2. Citizen WarmCat

Citizen WarmCat Avatar

In some games, if you've been killed unlawfully by someone, you get "kill rights" on that player for a set period of time.
    In addition to this, perhaps you would be allowed to haunt your killer for that set period of time, whenever you felt like it :) as an alternative to revenge.

Would be great, I would be willing someone to PK me just so I could RP a ghost hehe!

3. rhysling

rhysling Avatar

In another thread I mentioned an idea where if you killed an NPC they would be dead to you after that (and ideally not even visible). If you needed them in the future, you would need to fulfill some sort of quest to recover them and maybe further quests before they were willing to talk to you again. A ghost option would play well into this - require the player to die and enter ghost mode in order to talk to the NPC to find out how to redeem yourself. I'd like that idea.

The idea of a ghost mode would be fascinating. Maybe even let the player drink mandrake in order to enter that state intentionally.

4. Dargalin

Dargalin Avatar

I tangled with all the rabbits I could tame outside of Britain and was soon a ghost. Was quite effective with around 20 of them. All kill *targets self* The things you had to do to get over that sticky number with wrestle and parry lol

Incidentally, for a scenario i'm sure we had someone in ERPA or CORE play a ghost for a considerable amount of time. Was good fun acting along with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.