Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Exploit on Starting Quest

Discussion in 'Release 26 Dev+' started by Xanowrath, Feb 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xanowrath

Xanowrath Avatar

I went and got the Elvin mirror and traded it for the bone dagger and when I got to the wolves started tweeking my key bonds to make combat work better for me. Ran out of time and logged out. Logged back in an hour later and I was back at the start of the zone and had the bone dagger. I went and looked and that Mirror worth 150gp had respawned. I was able to take this out of the zone and sell it for 75pg. Seems like a pretty simple way to make gold early level and something that could be easily bottable with out anyone ever seeing it. Please make the mirror worthless or have the exit boat check for mirrors and remove them ;)

2. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Good one. I was thinking for sure that when I opened this thread I would see something about the starting gold. You could actually take all the starting gold drop it off at a second character and then delete that character and do it over and over again. Also something you could make a bot do if the 2nd character could remain in one place to act as a deposit box.

3. Hermann von Salza2

Hermann von Salza2 Avatar

THIS is the stuff that scares me on the "Final Wipe" I sure hope they get these exploits/bugs fixed by then, or I can see a LOT of roll backs :p

4. Drocis the Devious

I think that's how traditional game development works, and I would normally think that too. However I believe that's going to be the very last resort here and the devs will focus more on pin pointing the exploiters. I'm basing this on recent events and comments.

Draugon Erynor likes this.
  5. Drocis the Devious

@Attenwood

Wanted to make sure you'd seen this hiding out in the QA area.

6. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

*wanders in*
    Caught it! Reported! Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.