Exploration Skills Affecting Crafted Items

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by Cleome Arachnid, Apr 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cleome Arachnid

Cleome Arachnid Avatar

So what I mean by that is, say someone is an archer, woodsman, and carpenter. For every level, for lack of a better word, they increase in those skills, the ability to make unique carpentry items changes and increases. It could be just in the design of the item-more designs to chose from, or different items could be crafted dependent on the type of exploration skill. A mage, woodsman, and carpenter, for instance, would have entirely different designs or extra, unique items than the archer. Does that make sense?

Then everyone has the ability to craft unique items based on their skill set as opposed to every crafted item looking the same. Just a thought...

2. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

So to put it another way.. you're thinking of how skills could cross-over to bestow hidden bonuses towards making crafted items. IE A smith with lumbjacking skill would make a superior axe compared to a smith without lumbjacking.

Whether or it's feasible in terms of how the crafted item appears.. would depend a lot on the crafting system. If the idea of being able to apply morphs to craft components is used than the 'design' aspect of the idea could be moot. Or you could suggest that having those skills could apply somehow to morph.. for example being able to make a blade 1.4 wider than usual as compared to 1.3 wider.

Incidentally I'm a huge fan of skill crossover.

3. Cleome Arachnid

Cleome Arachnid Avatar

Well, I do like it affecting the design but unique items are also cool. So if you are an archer and a carpenter, maybe some kind of design that resembles feathers or has an arrow motif. Just a thought.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.