Extradimensional Space Items

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Alfric Jodoc, Oct 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alfric Jodoc

Alfric Jodoc Avatar

I've been thinking (uh oh)...

One think that would be nice/cool would be an item that accesses an extradimensional space, ala the TARDIS/Hammerspace/Magic Satchel/Bag of Holding/etc.

Whether it's a miniature of a house/castle/tower that can suddenly grow & accommodate the owner (& companions); a magic door handle that, when used properly, can open up a mystic door to a pocket dimension; a magic hut ala Baba Yaga; etc.

I think that such an item may be a world-map only accessible item (can't really have the planned footage of cities/towns/instances be redone.

I would wonder if a smaller scale item, like a magic satchel, would be viable as an item in-game as well; it could work like a portable bank, or it could be a bit of code tied to an item that boosts the max carry of a character equipped with it.

In any event, if such an item does become available, then it should be expensive. It'd be a massive convenience for PCs, since they could have a meager yet portable residence that isn't tied down to a physical locale, like the current housing.

And that's just a magical option: I haven't even started to talk about the possibilities of the Airship homes or Galleon waterfront homes actually being fully-operational vehicles and going from locale to locale.

2. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

They have a stretch goal for pack animals.

They have encumbrance to help foster regional economies. A portable bank would be very convenient. I would want to have one. But it would undo intentional restrictions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.