Faction behaviour

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by ConjurerDragon, Dec 11, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

e.g. in Northern Valeway

I observed how Grey Wolfes and small Wolfspiders, Spiders and Skeleton, Bears and Wolfs etc. all fought with each other, sometimes a bear levaing a trail of dead spiders that I could harvest.

In my opinion several of those monsters should act differently.

e.g. Spiders and Skeletons - Skeletons do not have any flesh left, Spiders should leave them alone. Especially Spiders that produce large webs should not wander off from them too far. Skeletons may be the bane of all life - but Skeletons on the floor should not arise to hunt bunnies or Spiders - perhaps Wolfes if those try to get a bone.

Mal Hari likes this.
  2. Mal Hari

Mal Hari Avatar

But if a skeleton is so evil. It seeks to end all life. Some bunny killing makes sense

Duke Gréagóir likes this.
  3. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

A skeleton is lying on the ground - well camouflaged. If an Avatar comes close it can get a bad surprise if it then rises very near and attacks. If the Avatar from a distance sees a Skeleton chasing a bunny then the ambush has way failed...

On the other hand - we could havy High Hats to summon bunnies with the special ability "Undead distraction" so that a dozen bunnies kites the undead while we forage...

4. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

Why doesn't the chest mimic in the NW corner of Tanglemire fight the wolves? I mean, if I'm a chest mimic sitting in the woods trying to look all inconspicuous and a wolf comes along, lifts its leg and pisses all over me... I'd be like "alright you flea-bitten varmint, it's on now, dawg!" Or is the mimic thinking "kayfabe, baby, kayfabe" and not going to break character?

5. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

They are inanimate objects, until activated, and then they attack you.

6. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

The wolf can lift it´s leg at the mimic. It can growl,gnarl, scratch, sniff, bite, rub and nibble on the mimic - as long as the wolf is unable to press "E" the mimic does not react. As always it´s a case of education and literacy.

7. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.