Factions, one of the best thing UO gave us

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Rada Torment, Apr 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

Hi community,

I'm pretty sure everyone who played UO loves factions, and I really think everyone would love a faction system in SotA. We already have a perfect background for this. What you guys think about a faction system with Novia regions involved? So they could create a background of conflicts between all these regions through faction quests (new lore added too).

We have 15 Novia regions now (sorry if I missed one or two), as we can see there are too many. Maybe some are allied and we could reduce this to 4-5 something like this;

Drachvald
    Grunvald
    Graff Island

Elysium
    Longfall
    Quel

Midmaer
    Perennial Coast

North Paladis
    South Paladis
    Regalis

Norgard
    Verdantis
    Forsaken Vale

This is just an idea, but I really hope Portalarium can create something good and fun with the idea of "factions".

Please feel free to add any suggestion and new ideas posting in this thead. @Chris,@DarkStarr and @Lord British included ;)

Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
  2. eli

eli Avatar

Yes please. I think it should start with a smaller number of factions until it seems like 4+ can be healthy sizes.

What if each of the 15 regions were capturable at certain times of day? some kind of time-boxed event in a local ruin/shardfall

3. Silis

Silis Avatar

I'd like to see factions a great deal giving a bit more structure to the RP and purpose of PVP. But that doesn't mean it can't be a vessel for PVE as well, why not within the factions we have a pvp segment you can join that leaves you perma flagged while joined (with penalty to leave and a timer...something to prevent hopping). That way there can be pve activites for faction rewards and pvp activies for rewards giving more for everyone to do. Also opens up the ability to drive players to dungeson/sieges in groups or pvp zones for fighting by setting those as the faction goal of the day/week. Not to mention the ability to build some non guild community with structure around it.

4. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

I play UO and hate factions. :D

Yes, I am that guy. ;)

Back to the scheduled thread. I see how people like them and that is great.

Hidden vale is its own faction? I think we split Novia into two factions as new landmass will be forthcoming in the years future.

And call the faction system = Trammuca! @DarkStarr

5. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

The only 3 factions ive derived from the story thus far is Norgard, obsidian cabal, and maybe the council in Arie that included ardoris and grunvald and stuff

EDIT: which sounds bery similar to true brittanian, shadowlords, and council of mages...But thats based on the book which took place way before the current time in game

6. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

I quite UO early on but I remember factions when they went in and I loved them.

7. Curt

Curt Avatar

Make 3 trading companies that imports stuff from the world we can't reach yet and have them compete.

They could each have their own base. And a 'town' was dominated by the companies that had delivered the most to that 'town'
    (with the number decaying over time)

Don't know any about UO factions so what was the good and the bad part with them?

2112Starman likes this.
  8. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

faction can be great.. Like in EQ when you where like the king managing certain factions... visiting places without getting into an big brawl....

9. Kpopgurl

Kpopgurl Avatar

I several suggestions for a faction system here. DEVs never talked about it officially.

Rada Torment likes this.
  10. Korim Rackham

Korim Rackham Avatar

Id like to see the game up to par and maybe even a simple mount system, loot system, combat system, quests yada yada yada you know the ABC's before seeing them try to incorporate something as complicated as factions. I mean even after release the basics still dont feel/look like they are there yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.