Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

failed to initialize player windows 10 os

Discussion in 'Release 27 Bug Forum' started by mathyus, Feb 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mathyus

mathyus Avatar

fails to launch after patching R27.
    blocker: yes
    reproduction rate 100%

Error message: editor and platform support versions.Most likely data file is corrupted, or built with mismatchingFailed to load PlayerSettings (internal index #0).

I have tried clean reinstall, repairing, and re-patching. 3x's Each time after initial problem and now this.

fails to launch
    blocker: yes
    reproduction rate 100%

Error message: Unable to load mono library from "C:/Program Files (x86)/Portalarium/Shroud of the Avatar/Shroud of the Avatar_Data/Mono/mono.dll" (error = 126).

I'm using A Toshiba Satellite Laptop with A6 AMD Vision 4.0 GB DDR3 running windows 10 OS
    not using Steam

Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
  2. Karuson

Karuson Avatar

I have no idea what the heck your talken about, But i would run a verify file in steam

Laurana likes this.
  3. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Have your tried doing a clean reinstall?

mathyus likes this.
  4. mathyus

mathyus Avatar

worked at it all night and no change sorry guys. gonna try another clean install.

5. mathyus

mathyus Avatar

still the same so I guess it's all in your hands now guys. keep me posted and let me know if you find anything you want me to try out.

6. BurningToad

BurningToad Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

There is something you could try. In your install folder, try the following...

C:\Program Files (x86)\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar might be your install folder.
    Open up the C:\Program Files (x86)\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\Win64 folder, and copy Shroud of the Avatar.exe to the base folder, such as C:\Program Files (x86)\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar.exe you can overwrite if it asks you.

Then, copy C:\Program Files (x86)\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\Win64\mono.dll to this location C:\Program Files (x86)\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar_Data\Mono\mono.dll

Then, in the base folder, try running Shroud of the Avatar.exe directly, instead of the launcher. Let me know if this works or not! Sorry for the trouble.

7. mathyus

mathyus Avatar

@BurningToad

okay I tried that and we're back to this

editor and platform support versions.Most likely data file is corrupted, or built with mismatchingFailed to load PlayerSettings (internal index #0).

Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
  8. mathyus

mathyus Avatar

okay finally the shroud of the avatar exe. launched after doing another repair and this time it asked to reset my PC after the repair.
    so I did and after that ran the launcher exe. let it patch and the game loaded.
    I don't know if it was anything you guys did, but thanks for all the help either way

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.