Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Fallen trees suddenly vanish. How about a transition?

Discussion in 'Release 40 Feedback Forum' started by Crazy Phil, Apr 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crazy Phil

Crazy Phil Avatar

For the longest time when I've chopped down a tree, it falls to the ground and then suddenly vanishes within a second. This still happens. At least corpses "burn away". Can we try having fallen trees do this too?

It would be nice if the fallen tree would hang around for a little bit longer as well.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2017
  2. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

Whats funny is that when other people fell trees, they hang around seemingly forever in the chopped-down position. Sometimes I enter scenes and all the trees are chopped in half, and it seems like it takes a scene reset for them to stand upright again (this is likely due to my impatience, rather than them literally staying chopped-down forever...).

It sort of makes me sad at a subconscious level - just seeing trees chopped down and it appearing like no one even took the wood. Like they chopped the tree down just to hear it fall. Think of all the toilet paper that could have been!

3. Dartan Obscuro

Dartan Obscuro Avatar

I'd like to see it changed so that first you chop the tree down (and get nothing). Then can repeatedly harvest from the fell tree until it is no more.

Quenton likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.