Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

False Accusations

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by Bedawyn, Jul 23, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

07/23/2019 20:28
    Title: False Accusations
    Reproduction Rate: Unpredictable
    Blocker? Not yet

Details:

Okay, I've been getting frustrated with false accusations from the Oracle for a while now. On Dara's account, she and her sister both get accused by the Oracle of "holding the truth in disdain" when the only thing unvirtuous either of them have ever did was Dara stealing from bandits in an adventure scene, when it's not supposed to count against you. On a completely different account, Jalena was accused of killing a watcher, something that account has never done. (Dara did, once, in Braemar where what's-his-face who was sent there by the Oracle specifically said the watchers weren't in contact with her anymore, were little more than vermin now, so I thought it was safe to experiment, but again, that was NOT on Jalena's account.) And I regularly get accused, online, of disturbing NPCs' rest. I did that once, OFFLINE, on a different platform, and as soon as I realized it made a difference, was careful never to repeat it.

But just now? I wasn't doing anything except clicking on a vendor, when I get a chat message that I picked up a mortar and pestle and an angry justicar appears. There's no mortar and pestle in my inventory, I can see the mortar and pestle still sitting on the counter, I couldn't have picked it up without two clicks and a big red Steal button between them -- which didn't happen, and to top it off, the justicar claimed I was paying a fine, but wouldn't tell me how much the fine was (or anything else for that matter). And this is in the nearest city to my hometown, where I need to have good relations with the NPCs.

Methinks it's not just the elves in Blood River that are corrupt.

Steps to Reproduce: Heck if I know.

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-8130U CPU @ 2.20GHz (4) System RAM: 8089
    GPU: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620 GPU RAM: 2150
    SotA.Win.64.1012.Date.07.18.19
    Area: Novia_R6_City_Resolute
    Area Display Name: Resolute
    Loc: (30.6, 77.6, -209.9)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjZfQ2l0eV9SZXNvbHV0ZXx8KDMwLjU2NywgNzcuNjI4LCAtMjA5Ljg3Nyl8KDAsIC0wLjU0NCwgMCwgMC44MzkpfDMxOS4yOTE1fDIwLjk5NTQyfDEuMjU=

2. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Regarding the Oracle, virtuous acts are shared by all characters that exist on a given game account. In other words, if one character steals left and right and your virtue reputation plummets into the gutter, every other on the same account will have the same in-the-gutter reputation.

Regarding the Justicar, I don't have an answer for that but I'll look into it. Issue #65385

Jaesun and Bedawyn like this.
  3. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

Re: virtue being shared, yes, I get that -- it's why I wasn't surprised that Gwaithne was accused of things Dara had done. The problem there was that what Dara had done (stealing from bandits in an adventure scene) shouldn't have been counted as stealing in the first place. And again, Jalena is on a completely separate account and shouldn't be sharing virtue with Dara at all.

On the justicar -- later on, I found that the missing mortar and pestle was in my inventory after all; I'd missed it because it was equipped and thus greyed out at the bottom of the list, instead of where I was looking for it. (It always throws me that tools don't autoequip when you go to a crafting station, but do when you loot them and have no intention of using them anytime soon.) So I was wrong about that. But I still never clicked on the mortar once, much less on the mortar and a steal button.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.