Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Farewell R20 - What was your setup?

Discussion in 'Release 20 Feedback' started by Crazy Phil, Aug 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crazy Phil

Crazy Phil Avatar

There are so many different ways to play SotA currently, and with R21 on its way, changes are a'comin'!

Some of us have had a lot of time to figure out what feels good, while newcomers may not see what we see when organizing their combat bar or deck or even the special menu options they have available to them.

For those that would like to share, I thought perhaps we could get a thread going of what setups people used for this release so we can learn from eachother. :)

For my "Dual-Swords on Fire" deck, I have separated my bar in half basically (I wish we could do this visually). Slots 1-4 are all random and contain Thrust and Flame Fist for comboing, and Offhand Attack. Slot 5 I use for a locked Healing Ray. Slots 6-9 are all random and contain Healing Touch and Immolation for stacking. The final slot I have locked for Mind Lock when I have time to prepare before engaging an enemy.

My key-bindings go Q, E, R, F, C, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 (I played a lot of Bloodline Champions). I use the ToggleMouseLook option and combo/stack using X rather than dragging glyphs. I also use the Free Attack Mode, which I love very much, especially with ToggleMouseLook on.

I have been playing around with adding an Archery alternative deck with a very similar setup so when I switch via the ~ key, the same categorizing of glyphs is present. Currently 1-4 has Aimed Shot, Gust, and Discharge for comboing. Slot 5 is still a locked Healing Ray. Slots 6-9 are for stacking Healing Touch and Air's Embrace. Slot 10 locked for Mind Lock.

I'm not sure if the Archery deck is any good yet, I just barely started trying it out. My dual-swords deck feels really good though. There is probably something I'm missing that I can learn from all of you to make my own experience even better, and perhaps what I just mentioned will help some of my fellow players as well. :)

So, what was your setup? :D

Vyrin, SmokerKGB, KuBaTRiZeS and 2 others like this.
  2. KuBaTRiZeS

KuBaTRiZeS Avatar

Here i go!

I'm currently an Archer with some points in Air (for Combos) and Death (for Death ray, that allows me to replenish health on disabled targets while doing damage). I've been playing mostly with my girlfriend who is playing a sword and shield tank, so we've been trying to complement our playstyle. Been playing PVE exclusively...

My first and second slots are Escape (which i use as often as i can so nasties don't hit me) and Healing Touch to heal me or my girlfriend if we're on a pinch. On third slot only appears Aimed shot, while in the eight, ninth and tenth only pops Penetrating shot, Disabling shot and Dodge respectively. i have the rest of the slots so all the random pops up, and been keeping that in the middle so i can focus on them while using peripheral vision to combine skills (i only need to know if something popped or not). The skills left in my current build are Death ray, Gust, Discharge, and healing touch (which i was about to remove, but stopped playing until R21). And of course, free attack.

My key bindings, from left to right, are º, Q, E, 1, 2, 3, 4, R, T, F. I used ALT to combine skills and i haven't use toggleCameraLock because i got used to hold the RMB (using it is one of my tasks for this incoming release). I have a melee build, remnants of the point in blades i start with (and haven't recovered because i haven't had the money and getting a skill reset it seemed pointless to spend it now) and have it as alternate, but barely use it (only when fighting enemies not worth of wasting an arrow :p). I plan to use an alternate deck focused on fighting ranged enemies.

For further leveling (i'm currently level 39) I plan to keep progressing in Air magic and some innates... i'd like to try some moon magic as well.

Vyrin likes this.
  3. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

I just swapped from a 2hd sword to Polearm Halbert... At first I used the rusted 2hd swords off skeletons, since I play SPO, it takes me awhile to craft my own weapons, So I respec'd a couple of days ago and this haly is hitting pretty hard and just at the right reach too, and there's a glyph to pull them in to range which is cool, and one to push them away, but I don't find that one very usefull... All my glyph's were locked, but I've been trying three unlocked, I've stacked each with 4 of my favorites, and the first 3 are locked to those favorites too... The last 4 are heal, light, Heal potion, Focus potion... The first 3 are Puncture, Pull, Block (locked), next 3 are Flame Fist, Flame arrow, Death touch, Puncture, pull (puncture is on 2, pull on one, but all three have the random of the 4)... I'm old school so I just mouse click them or stack them when multiples come up (I don't see that being worth it though)... I use the mouse to move, rarely do I use the keys, but to roll if I'm swarmed, S to run backwards with the mouse (so I can see which ones follow me, then to go back and kill just those, while the others run back to there starting point...

This Halbert I crafted has +20% damage, +20% swing speed, 10% fire damage (socket)... I'm only level 49 almost to 50, I usually gather everything I can and kill whats there... Most of the scenes are getting too easy, so when r21 arrives I'll have to see how it goes... I still need a good crafted set of chain armor and I'll be set...

My vendor is outside of Braemar and I have Weapons, Bows, Crafting parts... As you come into town on the right side you'll see a sign and a stag and some large trees, my house is right there.... I haven't made any furniture, but it's coming along...

Last edited: Aug 26, 2015
    Vyrin likes this.
  4. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

This past wipe I really tried some variations, but the inhuman cost of skills made me return to my roots.

2 swords. Stock longswords bought at the vendor. Ought to replace them with 2 enchanted shortswords because I think an insane critical chance is better than high raw damage. If range is not fixed in R21, and I still have to sit on mobs to hit them, may as well go with daggers.

Abandoning my traditional all-locked deck, I embraced @Chris way and now I have a PVE hybrid deck, split in three main areas:

1: Thrust/Dual Slash - both only 3x
    2: Offhand Attack - my best DPS, as the subtree is maxed out
    3: Death Touch - my second-best tool
    4: Stone Fist/Ice Fist/Ice Arrow - short and long range elemental damage

5/6/7: random glyphs from slots 1-4.

8 (locked): Tap Soul - when you absolutely need the focus for the last death touch right now
    9 (locked): Healing Touch - the quick "save me" button
    10 (locked): Healing Ray - the slow "save me" button

Plenty of passives, and skills not used here but in other contexts (PVP, Gust, support).

The rest is very simple cloth armor: basic one from vendors in head, torso, feet, cloak; enchanted in legs and hands - soon to be replaced with full crafted set.

KuBaTRiZeS and Vyrin like this.
  5. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

Mage build with some nice incidental damage with a snake sword even though I have zero points devoted to swords.

Level 46
    Epic plate chest
    Mail boots, leggings gloves

No locked glyphs. I prefer the randomness for now.

Death touch (5 in deck)
    Fire Arrow (5 in deck)
    Stone Fist (5 in deck)
    Flame Fist (5 in deck)
    Healing Touch (3 in deck, although not used much)
    Tap Soul (3 in deck - since I use death touch so much, I tend to have full health but low mana, so I balance this out with this spell)

6. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Level 67 Adventurer, level 50 Producer
    Crit White Iron plate with all modifiers of STR/DEX/INT
    Crit Halberd with +20% speed, +20% base damage, fire

Pretty much all my points went towards STR/DEX/INT (and of course the earth innates) so had:
    In Day: 100 STR (120 with Inner Strength), 40 DEX, 40 INT
    In Night: 90 STR (110 with Inner Strength), 50 DEX, 40 INT

Pole arms w/ five leg sweep in 1-2, five spinning in 3-4, ten push/pull/stab in 5
    Locked as inner strength in 6, five healing touch in 7-0 (although wish I had bandages or potions were better so I could go ZERO magic)

Last edited: Aug 26, 2015
  7. Damian Killingsworth

Damian Killingsworth Avatar

Tricked out heavy armor, swords, dual wield part of the tactics tree

Some light earth and air schools

Full plate two great swords of greater crushing both with air socket gems.

It was a poor choice for this release due to melee range issues which will be fixed in 21.

I will pick up the bow for 21

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.