1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Farming Wishlist

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Galorn, Oct 17, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Galorn

Galorn Avatar

It would be great to have bigger planting beds. Maybe a 40, 60, 80 and 100 plants? It would also be great to have a basement designed for farming. A farming dungeon room would be nice too. All you would need would be a big room with no columns, etc with a high ceiling. Right now, if you try to plant in a basement, the doors are so low that you cannot walk through them if you are walking on a planting bed. It feels very claustrophobic to plant in a basement or a 3x3 dungeon room.

If you wanted to get fancy, you could make basements and dungeon rooms with plants on the walls and flowing water. I think they would be popular buys from the COTO store. You could even sell a dungeon or basement with planters built in to the room. I love farming in this game, and I know that I am not the only one!

Pifester, jrs99, Time Lord and 2 others like this.
  2. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings Galorn
    Just reminder that planting in a dungeon would decrease the bonus you would get planting in a sunlight enhanced area like out side or in a greenhouse or garden shed.

3. Galorn

Galorn Avatar

According to Coswald, there is not a decreased farming bonus in basements or dungeons.

I work a full time job, if not for dungeon planting, I would not be able to water and harvest but on the weekends, and probably only one outside run at that. I get plenty of 3.x pumpkins from dungeons. I would miss too many waterings planting outside or in a greenhouse. Planting underground gives me the flexibility to login and not miss waterings.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2022
  4. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

Which only means that we would need stuff to plant in dungeons or indoors. Mushrooms?

Time Lord likes this.
  5. Lained

Lained Avatar

Warrior is referring to the increased maturation time which you're already using to your advantage. :)
    There's an increased chance of harvesting larger pumpkins during the in game months of October through December.

Time Lord and Galorn like this.
  6. Galorn

Galorn Avatar

That is great to know!

Time Lord likes this.
  7. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

+1 on that. i would also love to see some vertical farming planting beds. take the current 20 spot planting bed for example, if you raised one of the rows to make it a two-step bed we could then use that with elevation under it to create a full step tower. a little modeling to fill in the sides with wood panel and we are pretty much golden.

Galorn likes this.
  8. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

And name it the "Hanging Gardes of Babylon/Semiramis"?

Galorn likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.