1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Feature - Default Magic Attack

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Segalleon2, Jan 26, 2024.

1. Segalleon2

Segalleon2 Avatar

I have several magic-only characters. Instead of a physical attack, would it be possible to assign one of the first-tier magic attacks as the default attack? Stone Fist, Flame Fist, Ice Fist, or Gust.

Bonus: Make the Fist skills benefit from the Pugilism skill.

Warrior B'Patrick likes this.
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

that change was checked in march of 2020.

ConjurerDragon and Segalleon2 like this.
  3. Segalleon2

Segalleon2 Avatar

I take it checked means completed and in-game.

4. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

As Alley Oop said, raising the pugilism skill will raise the damage of magic fist spells (stone fist, flame fist, and ice fist).
    However, the pugilism tool-tip does not state this (and neither does the tool-tips on the fist spells).
    I hope that at some point, the tool-tips can be updated to reflect this effect.

For example,
    in the tool-tip for pugilism, add "Raising the pugilism skill will increase the damage of stone fist, ice fist, and flame fist."
    in the tool-tip for each fist spell, add "the damage of this skill can be increased by raising the pugilism skill (in the Subterfuge skill tree)."

Re: an option for auto attack to active a magic skill instead of a melee skill...
    I don't do magery stuff, so maybe some experienced magic users can weigh in on this.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2024
  5. Micmatty

Micmatty Avatar

When reading this, This is what came to mind for me probably completely different then what you want or what you are asking.

But what I would personally do instead of assigning a skill would be to introduce new crafting wand types.

Wand of Fire, Wand of Earth etc.. which can be Enchanted / Masterworked / Gemed etc..

These wands will shoot a tiny magic ranged projectile that correlates to the element of the wand you use.

These tiny magic projectiles will do low damage but gain higher damage based on attunement.

I would then also allow for when using Wand of Fire that Ignite Weapon would also cause these tiny magic projectiles to inflict Ignite Weapon fire over time and fire resistance debuff ( which would allow for Ignite Weapon to be useful for ranged fire mages )

Thank you,
    MicMatty

Xee and Segalleon2 like this.
  6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

FYI, the way that Gust benefits from Pugilism is increased stun duration.

Rinaldi likes this.
  7. Segalleon2

Segalleon2 Avatar

That is a good idea. I would prefer it over changing the default attack. I just went with what I thought would be the easier implementation.

Micmatty likes this.
  8. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings
    Here is my 2 cents. We currently put bait for fishing and food and scrolls for consuming in the bars. We also put many items in left and right hand slots. Would it be possible to make skills an equip-able thing. It could be limited to low level skills for beginners and then stronger skills as you level. Even Pick Pocket could be an equip-able skill.

9. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

...and gust, as barugon noted. i'll see if i can find where the tooltips live. SOTA-71877

Last edited: Jan 27, 2024
    Rinaldi likes this.