Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Feature Request: "Take All" Container Toggle

Discussion in 'Release 33 Feedback Forum' started by LoneStranger, Aug 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

In my playing experience, there is one frustrating thing that happens at least once in a crafting session.

Accidentally hitting the action button "E" to initiate a table use with a container open.

This, of course, performs the action on the container "Take All" button and grabs all the items and sticks them in the player inventory. If you're quick enough, you can drag all these items (they remain selected in the inventory) back into their container. If you don't realize it and the items end up deselected.... well, like I said, it's frustrating.

I understand that the "Take All" button wired to the action key is actually really useful in looting and probably even in some home situations.

What I propose is that containers have a new setting to enable/disable the "Take All." This would be set on each individual container that one may have placed in their home. I envision it as a checkbox to the left of the "Take All" button. If it is checked, then the "Take All" is enabled. If not, then it is disabled and the container ignores the action button.

This would allow players to set certain containers, like their reagents, crafting, or vendor supply containers to have the button disabled to avoid any accidental inventory snafus.

Loot containers would not show this checkbox. Players must be able to change the containers permissions in order to change the toggle.

2. agra

agra Avatar

I have unintentionally withdrawn everything out of so many housing containers because of this behavior. Yes please, do this. :)

3. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

This drives me crazy, but has happened so many times, I just sigh now! :D I'd like to see house containers (items that had to be placed) be exempt from the 'takeall-E'. OR a toggle for all containers..?

Lord Baldrith and LoneStranger like this.
  4. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

Agree in full, Im guilty of tossing all of my crafting supplies in my backpack at once as well :).

LoneStranger likes this.
  5. Mekong

Mekong Avatar

There are many UI related quality of life things that need to addressed. This, and stacking being some of the first of many to come to mind.

Fister Magee and LoneStranger like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.