1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Feature: Show guild name and first account character name on mouseover in friends list

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Ceal Astra, Mar 24, 2024.

1. Ceal Astra

Ceal Astra Avatar

(and guild listing)

would be nice to not have to play 'guess the alt' game quite as often. I know it doesn't help with characters created with alternate accounts, but every little bit helps.

(I searched each of the pending, archived and general wish list entries as far back as I could stand, apologies if this has been discussed)

2. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

I use the "edit" option to write alts that I know to the alt in the friends list.

jrs99 and Alley Oop like this.
  3. jrs99

jrs99 Bug Hunter

I've started doing this as well and while slightly tedious, it does help a lot!

4. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

I have mixed feelings about the OP's suggestion. While I think it's a logical 'convenience' request, I also see it from a role-playing perspective: What if someone wanted to have both a virtuous crafting-focused merchant character and a non-virtuous PVP-driven character? Would they want their crafter's reputation affected by their PVP highwayman's role-playing alter ego amongst the community? I dunno. Let's give that due thought. My reaction is that there are equally good reasons for not showing this information. Unless someone has a compelling reason other than 'convenience', I'd lean towards enabling 'characters to be their own characters' (separate identifies and guilds) without linking them so that we are not forcing players to show all of their character associations as if they were simply 'just one character with a couple different names'.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2024
  5. Ceal Astra

Ceal Astra Avatar

since all alts on the same account share virtue, this wouldn't be an issue... if they were completely unlinked within the account, I'd agree -- but as it is, if you add someone as a friend or to a guild, all the account's characters show up as friend or in guild.. and when you have many, it's a good bit to juggle.

jrs99 and Beaumaris like this.
  6. Ceal Astra

Ceal Astra Avatar

does the note field attach per character, or to the whole account?

7. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Thanks for the reminder on that. I've wondered before whether that was the right game design ...

That game design seems like it could diminish the potential for those interested in greater role playing IMHO. Why not be able to play both virtuous and non-virtuous characters (not linked by account) to experience different aspects of the game?

Or is there no option to be a non-virtuous highwayman in this game?

8. Ceal Astra

Ceal Astra Avatar

can always go the separate account route

9. jrs99

jrs99 Bug Hunter

The account.
    Same note for all chars on that account

Ceal Astra likes this.