Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Feedback for pve monsters, encounters

Discussion in 'Release 37 Feedback Forum' started by mike11, Dec 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike11

mike11 Avatar

Probably monsters and encounters are going to be continuously updated, I'll propose some objectives for behaviors that I noticed..

-reduce the repeated spawning feel of monsters in zones which gives the impression of the same monsters are going to be exactly in the same place that you saw saw them 5 minutes ago as well as 5 months ago. Monsters in zones could probably have more interesting and thought through spawn location and timers as a overall adjustment pass.
    - monsters/animals probably would be attracted to dead bodies or carcasses, and would exhibit behavior not only as evil creatures bent on attacking the player or other animals, but such as foraging, curiosity, self preservation.. etc
    - starting a ambush style encounter and the enemies appear to careless about the player is something to work on. Perhaps before the encounters starts, some others suggested a more in depth system, and such system could pre-determine the things such as whether the player is suprised (enemies trained on player), or the player has surprised the enemy (the enemies are not trained on the player).

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
    Chatele and Koldar like this.
  2. LikeAfox2

LikeAfox2 Avatar

I would like the Monster Encounters to be included with the Treasure Hunting.

It will give people a reason to enter these instances instead of dodge them. For instance, every Bandit encounter has a 5% chance to have a treasure map inside their chest and the treasure map needs you to hunt another bandit camp (or skeleton encounter) that holds the treasure that they stole from a cargo (or w/e).

They story could be: "We successfully stopped x Shipment and obtained many treasures. However, on the way back, we encountered a scourge of undead and needed to abandon our loot to flee for our lives. This is the last known location for our bounty."

Or

We successfully infiltrated another bandits camp and got word of where they are stashing their most valuable good. We mean to strike at this time when their guards are changing posts to collect our spoils."

uhop, mike11 and Toadster like this.
  3. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

I think they ought to increase the movement speed of spiders. That, and have their nav mesh cover a lot more territory-- such as over rock outcroppings. So you don't know where they're coming from, but they're coming in a hurry. It would increase the number of spiders you attract. Not to mention it would up the creepiness factor.

mike11 likes this.
  4. mike11

mike11 Avatar

Following ideas related to basic scavenging/harvesting in encounters.

I have found the Skeleton variation encounter to be fairly useful for scavenging to earn some skill points and harvest some basic goods to sell/refine.

One issue I found, that during the death the ankh part of 'death' gameplay to be too common/without purpose. In some cases the ankh contributed to existing NPC AI flaws or design needs. Maybe more challenge somehow to get the anhk? What about Death magic interacting? I like the cool lights given from other creatures?

Limit the number of times a player can respawn before being kicked to OW - (taking away their chance to harvest/scavenge)

Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.