Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Feedback on Break Weapon/Armor and Skewer

Discussion in 'Release 12 Feedback' started by Uncle Ben, Nov 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uncle Ben

Uncle Ben Avatar

I understand that these skill MAY not be fully finished at this point however:

Break Weapon and Armor from Bludgeon tree are not that useful at all in terms of both PvP and PvE. It is highly unlikely you are going to break someone's weapon or armor completely during a duel unless the folk simply doesn't bother to fix any of his/her gear. The best you can do is probably grieving your opponent by forcing them to spend a few extra bucks fixing their gear afterwards.

PvE wise, the battle never lasts long enough that you can actually destroy the mob's gear to give you an extra advantage in combat. By the time that happens, either you are dead or the monster is dead already.

It may be better to make these skills innate and simplify them into Break Equipments. Bludgeon skill tree does not offer much special attacks other than the very repetitive stun and knockdown. Break Weapon/Armor can be used as placeholder for more interesting Bludgeon skills.

Now moving on to Skewer in Polearms tree. The description says "Attack that roots the enemy". Currently this skill offers nothing (not even really rooting the enemy at all) other than some extra damage bonus that is not really noticeable when compared to other Polearms skills. Skewer being the last skill and requires multiple per-request investments, I would like to see it actually does something practically other than just give the target a fancy poke. Most of the other Polearms skills such as Pull or Push provide tactical advantages, I would hope Skewer also can provide something similar.

Flip and Moonshadow like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.