Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Feedback on free attack

Discussion in 'Release 22 Feedback' started by Kara Brae, Oct 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

My mage build's polearm skill level is now in the 80s after only using the auto attack to fill up space between spell cooldowns and when Focus is gone.

Having watched Chris' combat video chat, I turned on Free attack and am now trying that out.

I find it to be good when it works, (i.e. when it hits the target). I still need plate armor though, because mobs continue to hammer on me when it is charging.

As Chris mentioned, the fully charged free attack is much more powerful and does a lot of damage when it doesn't miss the target. The problem is, it misses a lot, and while I am trying to charge it for a second blow, I am being hammered by mobs. I've tried jumping back out of range while charging, but wolves are too quick and close the distance instantaneously. And when the attack is fully charged again, I often can't get the range just right in time to use the attack. I end up dancing forwards and back trying to get my avatar name to turn red. Oddly enough, wolves can eat me even if I can't hit them. So the best strategy is to get in range and stand my ground without moving. I still miss doing this, but not as often as when I try to dodge out of the way. Without plate, no way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.