Feedback on QA 1441 (1-19-23)

Discussion in 'Player Test Environment (QA Server) Feedback' started by Rinaldi, Jan 22, 2023.

1. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

Jotungrund
    • Teleporters seem to be working correctly: I got a Jotungrund Runestone from a Barbarian, and was able to use the two teleporters only when i had the runestone. The teleporters stay active for about 5 minutes after they have been switched on with the runetone.
    • Suggestion: After I found the teleporters, they did not show up as points of interest (POI) on the compass or on the map. It would be nice if these would show up as POI once discovered.
    • Is this a bug?: The runestone is not consumed when I use it on the teleporter.
    Vikland
    • I search for a while, but did not find how to start the "sour revenge" quest. I did find many new breakable crates, which all broke and yielded some loot. However, without having the quest, nothing else happened so far.
    • This is confirmed as fixed: Vikland: Fixed typos in the treasure hunt instructions related to the troll statue. [SOTA-71018]
    I confirmed that these issues are working as intended:
    • Removed Weight from Player Guide
    • Removed Weight from Mounts (non deco)
    • Brittany Graveyard: Added compass marker to the Brittany Sewers entrance. [SOTA-71044]
    • Castle Atos: Added "Mylo" dog to castle area
    • Cloaks will now appear if worn while mounted (if the player have that option set to be "Show Cloak"). - note: this works correctly regardless of whether "cloth simulation" is activated or not :thumbs up:. I tested with a quiver, spider cloak, worn cloak, knights cloak, clockwork wings, and front clasp cloak... and all seemed to work. However, sometimes there is a graphic glitch when i am mounted, have show cloak activated, and then put on my knights cloak (i.e. switching cloaks while mounted). The pic below shows the knights cloak after i equipped it while mounted. I am not sure if this specific to the knights cloak, because it did not seem to happen with the other cloaks that I tried.
      [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 23, 2023
    vulcanjedi, Time Lord, Anpu and 2 others like this.
  2. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Oops. Forgot to add those compass markers. I'll make that happen.

Also, yes, the teleporter should consume 1 Jotungrund Runestone. I'll fix that.

Both are issue #71075

The quest-giver is located...
    ...on a hill near the village.

To find the NPC, start at the Vikland village and look north. There are two hills just north of the village that are connected by a bridge. The NPC is on the hill to the northeast of the village.

Time Lord, Rinaldi and Anpu like this.
  3. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

Yeah known bug and specific to this long cloak its acting differently than other, just unsure how yet to fix it. Decided to leave the cloak change there anyway as it fix many other bugs. Just need to get this working now :p

Anpu and Rinaldi like this.
  4. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

Thanks!

Not sure how i missed him, but it was raining and dark during my initial search:)
    I did the quest, and it seemed to work okay (although i only was able to do one of the 2 options, which was break the crates).
    Is this a one time quest or a daily quest? If it's a daily quest, there is no indication from Nechtan that I can come back to do the quest again.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2023
    Anpu likes this.
  5. Sannio

It's a one-time quest.

Anpu and Rinaldi like this.
  6. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

Feedback Re:
    * Devotional Caretakers: Mentioning Truth, Love, or Courage will give avatars broad feedback as to their current scores in those respective Virtues.
    - The caretakers have responses for extremely low, very low, low, neutral, high, very high, and extremely high scores. [SOTA-71038]​

I talked to several shrine caretakers.
    In Aerie, the caretaker of the Truth shrine gave me feedback on my principles when i typed the keywords "love" and "courage", but no feedback when I type "truth".
    In Ardoris, the caretakers of the Love shrine gave me feedback on my principles when i typed the keywords "truth" and "courage", but no feedback when I type "love".
    In Resolute, the caretaker of the Courage Shrine gave me feedback on my principles when i typed the keywords "truth" and "love", but no feedback when I type "courage".
    In Northwood, the caretaker of the Sacrifice shine gave me feedback on all 3: truth, love, and courage.

Is this intended? It looks like the caretakers for the shrine of truth, love, and courage provide feedback only on the principles that are not related to the shrine they take care of.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2023
    Barugon and FrostII like this.
  7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I had personally assumed that the caregivers would only give you feedback on the virtue of their devotional; so Aerie would provide truth feedback, Ardoris would provide love feedback and Resolute would provide courage feedback.

ConjurerDragon likes this.
  8. Sannio

This is a bug. I've already submitted a fix which should be in with an upcoming update.

What happened was the feedback responses are shared by all devotional caretakers, but the Truth, Love, and Courage caretakers had local responses that overrode the shared responses. My fix combines the local responses and the shared feedback.

Anpu, Barugon and Rinaldi like this.
  9. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

fix needs testing as of 1624

10. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

Fixed on SotA.Win.64.1630.Date.02.01.23 !
    Both teleporters show up as a POI on the compass and the map once they are discovered.

Fixed on SotA.Win.64.1630.Date.02.01.23 !
    the runestone is now consumed when the teleporter is used

Question: something i did not notice before, but the teleport system cannot be activated from the Hilltop Pad at Loc: (-851.6, 121.5, 1404.3). So, as it exists now, you can only activate the teleport system from the mountain range pad. Once activated, you can teleport back and forth between the pads for about 5 minutes before they deactivate.

Is this intended? Or should i also be able to activate the teleport system from the Hilltop pad?

FrostII and Anpu like this.
  11. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

i just found "overlook pad" so it looks like there's more than one pair

Rinaldi, Anpu and FrostII like this.
  12. Sannio

The teleport pads work the same way as the ones in Ulfheim. Each pad is part of a set of two pads. One of the pads (the "far" pad) accepts a local runestone (as in a Jotungrund Runestone is the only type of runestone that can be used to activate a Jotungrund teleporter pad) and activates the system for a few minutes, after which is shuts down. The other pad has a "broken panel" but the pad still works when the set is active. While active, you can teleport back and forth between the two pads in the set.

Sean Silverfoot, Rinaldi and Anpu like this.