Feedback on QA 1563 Painting Easels and Book Holder

Discussion in 'Player Test Environment (QA Server) Feedback' started by Gwendolyn Obscuro, Oct 4, 2023.

1. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

Thanks for creating these I think the book holders especially will get a lot of use!

I have tested several different paintings so far. All of the coto store type paintings I have tried so far have sat correctly on the easels (though they sometimes snap sideways and need a bit of fiddling with to get them in place). The 5 in game drop paintings do not snap in place correctly though so please take another look at those. Lakeside Sunrise will only place sideways but might be too small to be used on the easels. Butcher shop places mostly in the correct spot but you can see the easel frame poking through / showing in front of the painting. Portrait of a lady and portrait of a gentleman are positioned much higher on the easel than they should be. And Pastoral Village is both too high and shows the frame.

Thanks!

Edit: Portrait of Envy Angel also does not place on the easels. Also the open books don't place on the book holders but that may intentional.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2023
    vulcanjedi, DavidDC and Rinaldi like this.
  2. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

Thanks for the report! I'll check it out!

3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

i can't get the three open books i have to snap to the book holder (e.g. all of us thus far).

4. Morkin

Morkin Bug Hunter

The painting easel works fine with framed maps. The map of Novia is very impressive on the easel.

5. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

Book Holder:
    1) All of the thick books that I tried could not be put on the book holder, such as Blade of the Avatar Chapter 2, Framed Maps of New Britannia, Stone Soup, and New Player Handbook - all of these books are thicker (i.e. they appear to have many more pages).
    2) For all the thin books that i tried, I was able to put them on the book holder, including player made books.

Easels:
    1) I was not able to place the following framed items onto the easels:
    • The magic prints (e.g. Earth Magic Print, Fire Magic Print)
    • Framed Anti-Principles & Anti-virtues Parchment
    • Framed Principles and Virtues Parchment
    • The tinkerers certificate (which is framed)
    2) All of these worked fine and can be placed on the easels:
    • the 3 bug reward paintings.
    • the 3 arch lapin paintings.
    Interestingly, small items can be placed on the side of the easel, e.g. Lakeside Sunrise can't be placed on the front of the easel but it can be mounted on the upper side of the easel (as Gwendolyn already mentioned); same can be done with the Benefactors Plaque.

6. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

i hope these are craftable cause i love them and want lots of them. Thank you