Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Feedback: The Harvestable Items that continue to fill our inventory that have no use

Discussion in 'Release 71 Feedback' started by Anpu, Nov 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I have been playing for over a year, since Release (the official Release) and there's a number of items all players continue to gather, and continue to collect in our containers because they currently have no use. These items are:

Aortic Thrombus (These come from skinning animals)
    Emerald Ash Borer (These come from chopping trees)
    Hemlock Borer (These come from chopping trees)
    *Black Cutworm (These are found from Cotton bushes in adventure scenes, see below)

These items were all introduced in some release (sorry, I forget the exact release), and I *assume* there was some items, or system or something these were supposed to be a part of, but that suddenly got dropped, forgotten or something else changed. We don't know. So players have then been continuing to collect piles and piles of these hoping that someday these items might have a use.

*Of note, you did set up the Black Cutworm as a Tag Match item, that can be sold to various Tailors for 200 gold each.

The other 3 items, still have no use. Have you given any thought about these? You might have already thought about these, but it fell to the extremely low priority.

If you are not going to be using these for anything, something (as a suggestion) would be to then set these up as a Tag Match item, and we could then sell these to Tag Match vendors. For example, the Thrombus to Alchemists, and the Borer's to Fishermen?

Other suggestions: Aortic Thrombus used in a new alchemy or poison potion. The borer's for a new bait.

It's been over a year, and we still continue to gather these, and they still have no use, and I would hope you might be able to have some time to possibly at least think about these again. This is rather low priority, but it is something that continues, forever, unaddressed.

Thank you for your time!

Astirian likes this.
  2. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

Just one thing I've been dying to ask...

Blood clot???? Really??? I mean, who goes around SPECIFICALLY cutting open blood vessels while skinning an animal?

Why is it so valuable, how the hell do you "harvest" them, and if I can find one, why can't I find more?

3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I suppose they could just eliminate these items and then we would be out that extra gold.

4. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

There was a bit of talk on the stream about maybe using the aortic thrombus to make pet food, but I don't know if that will go anywhere.

The bugs would be great for making dyes, vary the recipes up a bit -- in real life, bugs have often used for dye or in other reagent-y type ways. And the emerald ash borer has a lovely sparkly shell that looks like it make a fantastic dye -- or be a great and logical substitute for the emerald fragments in crafted elven furniture. The hemlock borer shell isn't as pretty but it's not bad either, and they make cocoons which could lead to more fabric fiber. Black cutworm, eh, not as interesting, but yeah, bait would work, and they are the larvae for a dark moth that would probably be appreciated by players building creepy scenes. I'm all for as many "natural materials" as possible, and as long as we can sell them, it doesn't bother me that they don't have an in-game use, since I can assume the NPCs know how to use them -- trade secrets that they're not sharing with us.

Jaesun likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.