Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Feedback

Discussion in 'Release 11 Feedback' started by Shadefox, Oct 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadefox

Shadefox Avatar

Soo much running in my head right now, just want to vent my thoughts.

I came into SotA just in time to try R10 - this release is my first solid try at it,
    But I guess I already built up a sense of what I wish this game will be, long before trying it.

I love the ultima series, and I spent 15 years growing up playing them, mainly UO though, and I’ve been awaiting an idea like this for quite some time.

My first impression is split; Ill post what I like and didn’t like, and try flesh it out later.
    (I do realize this is early pre alpha by the way :) )
    Yes, I’m yet another comparing the game to UO - I spent 15 years of my life in that game, and the developers are the main reason I’m here.

Top 5!
    1. The look and feel of the world
    -No giant ! Above quest, no extensive hand holding, you need to go out and explore in beautiful scenery.

2. Housing
    - I want to live and breathe in my games, housing makes it more immersive for me

3.Rares
    -I used to be an avid pixel collector in UO, I sense this game already bears a lot of promise, removing store items, limited pledge items, I f it continues there will be treasures to trade, rares to seek and bargains to be made also in here. More of a wish, but I love my pixels.

4.Player driven economy and crafting
    - What destroyed UO to me last couple years, there is simple just not much use of a crafter any more. If this game continues the path I read about, I have my hopes up.

5. Selective multiplayer and offline mode
    - You can set your own pace and enjoy the game however you feel like. Man I wish I could turn off the other players in various games sometime.

Bottom 5.
    1. Progression system pr R11
    - I’ve done this before! its straight forward boring, plain and I was expecting more, something more immersive, character driven, innovative - Even if it’s the first pass, I’m really hoping it will take another road in the end - to me its dreadful.

2.Gathering by nodes
    - Same as #1 - I read and understand the thoughts behind doing this, changing states, falling trees etc..
    I’m a gatherer, I want more than running from node to node, seeing the tree fall is only fun for so long...
    Again, my feelings toward execution of this are described above.

3. Combat system
    -I like the deck approach, I hate the slugs for being a full plate warrior. I also wholeheartedly disagree with ever increasing deck size, I want more freedom to create the character I like, without making compromise by adding skills I don’t care for. I want it to feel like a custom immersive experience for ME, my chars, my rules.
    Pretty biased about the rest, the idea I like, but as is R11 - It feels like a great idea gone wrong and restrictive.

4. Scene changes
    -Loading happens too frequent too long. (I know this is likely to improve alot, but this is my current impression)

5.Magic
    -I avoided this in the end, the skill trees seem to lack logic, the selection and variety feels wrong, and before it gets another pass, platemail swords all the way!

My 2 cents and my impression after testing R11 - Looking forward to the future development!

Lord Baldrith likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.