Fence culling on player lots not working?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Albus, Sep 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Albus

Albus Avatar

Just wondering if others are experiencing the R45 change to fence culling on player lots not working? As I understand it we should see walls & houses on a given lot at the same time, and they should "disappear" at the same time as we get far enough away from them. This does not happen for me, I must ram the invisible wall on my lot with my nose before it will appear, and it disappears far sooner than my house as I walk away from it.

I already posted as a bug, but since no reply appeared there I thought I would check to see if others are experiencing this differently?

Hornpipe and Barugon like this.
  2. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I'm still seeing the same problems on my lot. My expectation would be that the entire house and fence line would come into view at the same time. But that's still not happening.

Hornpipe and Albus like this.
  3. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Assuming the wall encircles your house, and the culling distance is the same for the wall and the house, you should see the wall before the house.

Hornpipe likes this.
  4. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Right, and I don't. I see the house load first, then parts of the wall around the house.

Hornpipe likes this.
  5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Same. I was under the impression that the walls would be visible at distance and they are not.

Hornpipe likes this.
  6. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Hmmm. Could it be that it is only valid for the castle walls? This since it was to go on when they changed that "tear down the walls" thingie.

7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

My lot is surrounded by palisade walls, which are a type of castle wall.

Senash Kasigal likes this.
  8. Albus

Albus Avatar

Checking to see if anyone has seen a change with this? Walls on my lot still do not show up from a distance, but are culled until you practically run into them, while the house on the same lot shows from across the map. Anyone noticing their walls on lots showing up at the same time as the house? I'm trying to figure out if something is off with my lot/setup or if others are experiencing this the same was as I am still, thanks for any infos :)

Hornpipe likes this.
  9. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

My place is surrounded by shogun walls. They seem to cull at the same rate as the house, I have not noticed any difference lately. Will have to look closely next time I am on.

Albus likes this.
  10. Albus

Albus Avatar

Thanks, info you find is much appreciated :)

11. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

OK, I live at Spite, north gate. Entering town through the north gate, my shogun walls and house are standing right away. When entering town through another gate or the docks and sprinting through town to the north location, the house and walls can be seen in the distance to appear simultaneously as I run up to them. I suspect that this is not the case in all towns because the loading as I enter Owls Head is totally different. Stuff is appearing around me all the way to the center of town as I pass it. Have not noticed the disparity between walls and buildings, but really have not been looking for it. Vendors and outside deco seem to load before walls and homes. I really don't have time (visitors here) to look further.... good luck.

Albus likes this.
  12. Albus

Albus Avatar

Thanks, very interesting with the different culling in different towns, with even two non-player towns having different culling rules? I'll peek around more as well with eyes open for such things, thanks again :)

Aldo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.