Few questions about combat

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Ingot Knucklesmith, Aug 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ingot Knucklesmith

Ingot Knucklesmith Avatar

Hey gang,

I've been away since last October and I'm starting to play again and I was hoping maybe you guys could answer some questions.

1) Is bludgeons viable? That's what I currently am.
    2) Are two handed bludgeons viable? That's what I currently use.
    3) I'm a bit of a solo player so can I be viable with the above skill set ^ ?
    4) What type of armor is the best for a solo player? I currently wear Constantin. Is bronze the way to go?
    5) Any tips for skill tree development that I should focus on?

What I've noticed is that magery and archery are leaps and bounds better than melee because you don't have to chase monsters and you can avoid a lot of damage from melee monster types.

6) Should I just bail on Bludgeons and go ranged?

Thanks!

2. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Bludgeons should be fine. Most of your build will be in defensive and magic skills anyway. I use probably the weakest build (polearms) and am doing just fine. What with all the potions, devotionals, food, and armor defenses, I can stay in the fight adequately and am having fun. You will have to find your way with regards to the armor. It is much cheaper to build a set from Iron or copper rather than the rarer stuff because the cost of rarer materials is just not worth the gain you get from their attributes IMHO. You can always upgrade later when you have amassed some wealth. At adv. level 95, and looking back, I should have paid less attention to the materials my armor was made of, and more attention to getting the crafting masterwork and enchantments just right.

3. Vodalian

Vodalian Avatar

1-3) Yes I believe you can. I'm a 2-handed bludgeon myself, and I solo most stuff just fine at adv lvl 78 except the very most difficult areas and some boss type monsters. Whenever I die it's because I'm sloppy.

4) I agree with Aldo above. Iron or copper plate of the +8/+9 range with relevant MW/enchants goes a long way. Upgrading to the same ++ with bronze is really expensive and not essential for a long time imo.

5) Get earth passives, heavy armor passives, stat passives and buffs and resistances. I also use Defensive stance and Fortify defenses which help a lot. I think it's best to raise passives and buffs somewhat evenly because of declining value with level. I use Knockdown and Knockback to have it a little easier with runners. Not sure if they are the best, but it works for me.

6) No way! :)

Last edited: Aug 5, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.