FFFD Fish Trophy Treasure Hunt

Discussion in 'Recurring Player Events' started by Flair, Jan 25, 2024.

1. Flair

Flair Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Alrighty folks - new idea for a ongoing fishing contest. As of release I have put in 250 mahi-mahi trophies, 25 ammonite trophies, and 5 special trophies caught by Winfield and all crafted by Flair Minamoto. This number will increase during the month and they will be added to the loot table. All you guys have to do is loot them in your travels and turn them in.

Rules are as follows -
    • LOOT a mahi-mahi trophy crafted and caught by Flair Minamoto. The largest and runner up will be getting prizes listed in the following post, along with some trophies. Winner is the one with the largest fish length, runner up the second largest of the correctly turned in fish. There is also a booby prize and trophy for the smallest one turned in.
    • LOOT a special trophy of an ammonite caught and crafted by Flair Minamoto for a chance at the prize bounty and trophy. If more then one of these fish are turned in prize will go to the largest fish length turned in. These are also crafted and caught by Flair Minamoto.
    • LOOT a special bounty prize fish - this fish is a mahi-mahi trophy caught by Winfield and crafted by Flair Minamoto for a chance at the special bounty prize and trophy.
    • LOOT a special bounty prize fish - this fish is a mahi-mahi trophy caught by Alpha Fishstick and crafted by Flair Minamoto for a chance at the special bounty trophy.
    • LOOT a special bounty prize fish - this fish is a mahi-mahi trophy caught by Dorn Slate and crafted by Flair Minamoto for a chance at the special bounty trophy.
    • LOOT a special bounty prize fish - this fish is a mahi-mahi trophy caught by Falcon Minamoto and crafted by Flair Minamoto for a chance at the special bounty trophy. (undisclosed number)
    • Anyone who turns in a fish trophy and does not win a prize will receive a participant trophy.
    Two ways to turn this in to me, either by mail or by coming to my lot in Duanor and dropping it in the drop off chest located outside my dungeon. Contest will run from the time of this posting to Wed 21 Feb2024 at midnight. Fish will be added to the loot table as the contest progresses but they will always be Mahi-Mahi, and ammonite. There is a chance for other special bounties to be added during the contest so please check back here often for prize and fish additions. Prizes will be in the following post so it is easier for me to update as additions are submitted during the month.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2024
  2. Flair

Main Prize - largest Flair Mahi turned in
    [​IMG]
    Runner Up Prize - second largest Flair Mahi turned in
    [​IMG]
    Booby Prize 1 (random draw from a nonwinner)
    [​IMG]
    Booby Prize 2 (random draw from a nonwinner)
    [​IMG]
    Bounty Prize Ammonite - largest submission Flair ammonite
    [​IMG]
    Bounty Prize Alpha - largest submission
    [​IMG]
    Bounty Prize Dorn - largest submission
    [​IMG]
    Bounty Prize Falcon - largest submission
    [​IMG]
    Bounty Prize Winfield - to be split by the number of fish turned in for this prize
    [​IMG]

*all sections will have trophies*
    *one prize per person except the Winfield Challenge*
    *prizes are subject to change as donations are received*

If you would like to track the numbers of contest fish released in the loot table as the release goes on along with the winners you can follow along HERE
    Prize donations can be mailed to Flair Minamoto in game or left in the drop off box found on my lot in Duanor here:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 31, 2024
    Winfield likes this.
  3. Flair

*update*
    Please turn in everything you get as the numbers are counted and recorded on the spread sheet (found HERE) and I have retained your largest fish in the counted bag inside your drop off bag.
    *PLEASE DO NOT ADD FISH TO THIS BAG*
    Add new fish to the bag that has your name on it so I can count them and add them to the spreadsheet to keep the contest going.
    Thank you Kindly

Last edited: Feb 5, 2024
    jrs99 and Winfield like this.
  4. Winfield

Winfield Legend of the Hearth

This is great fun! Notice on the spreadsheet there are ONLY 5 Winfield-caught Mahi Mahi fish trophies crafted by Flair.
    • These fish trophies are Rare: The catch date on the Winfield fish was just before this Release started, i.e., the year 688 PC (I think).
      • So they are "new" fish and commemorate this Release 122. I hope you get them back from Flair and put them on your wall. I don't make many fish trophies for people.
    • By the end of this contest (Wed 21 Feb 2024 at midnight - which is one week before the next release on 29 Feb), as Flair said, the 2500 prize purse for the Winfield Challenge will be split up by the number of Winfield fish trophies looted and turned in.
      • So if only one is looted and turned in, that person gets 2500 COTOs. If all 5 are looted, each person gets 500 COTOs. A person can loot and turn in more than one and get more of the prize purse of course.
    • I don't know how likely people will see the Winfield fish trophies in their loot and turn it in; some may not know about this contest. Some may find the fish trophy later in their unsorted loot chest, but that will be too late to turn it in.
    I thank Flair for this unique "FFFD Fish Trophy Treasure Hunt". It's very creative and uses the existing game mechanics for a contest for the players and by the players. Huzzah!

Keep fishing ... er, I mean, Looting!

-- Winfield

Flair likes this.
  5. Flair

so far only two have been found and turned in.. but folks are really looking

Last edited: Feb 9, 2024
    Winfield likes this.
  6. Flair

UPDATE
    just added a 500 COTO bounty and a bounty trophy to the first person who finds and turns in one of five Ravalox mounted mahi-mahi just released into the loot table tonight.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Flair

You can view the final results HERE

Results for prizes are as follows:

Main Prize: Knightrider 2.363
    Runner-up: Alley Oop 2.363
    Ammonity Bounty: Bee Striker 1.098
    Winfield Bounty: Athall 1.89 and 1.908
    Pranksterfanfan 1.862
    Falcon Bounty: Gwendolyn Obsuro 2.347
    Alpha Bounty: Ceal Astra 2.083
    Dorn Bounty: Alpha Fishstick 2.027
    Hidden Fnor Bounty: Asmodi M'Hul 1.882
    Ravalox Bounty: River Styx
    Booby Prize 1: Strider Green
    Booby Prize 2: Morkin

There was exactly 5 Winfield and Ravalox trophies released in to the loot table. There was 1 Fnor Trophy released (never thought it would get turned in but it did). There was a total of 904 different overall trophies released into the loot table with a total of 748 recycled. A total of 1033 trophies were submitted to the contest that I counted.

Top 3 fishermen in this contest were:
    1 - Gwendolyn Obscuro with 229
    2- Ceal Astra with 125
    3- Pranksterfanfan with 112

Special thanks to my crazy friends who assisted in this contest. You know who you are :p
    Thanks to all who entered and chased my fish and look for more contests like this in the future.
    ~Flair Minamoto

Last edited: Feb 23, 2024
  8. Morkin

Morkin Bug Hunter

Thank you for your event and all the work you had have with it.

Flair, Rinaldi, FrostII and 1 other person like this.
  9. Isabel Ayin

Isabel Ayin Avatar

I also send my thanks, and thank you also for the consolation trophy :)

Flair, Rinaldi and FrostII like this.