Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Find Ashton's Keepsake Broken in OFFLINE mode, can not obtain quest item

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by Nicholas Dark, Oct 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicholas Dark

Nicholas Dark Avatar

1. Title: Ashton's Keepsake quest is Broken in OFFLINE mode

2. Reproduction Rate: every time you try to do this quest

3. Blocker? YES, it is blocking me from continuing the quest

4. Details: The beginning quest "Find Ashton's Keepsake" is not working properly. You can receive the quest, but you can not obtain the item needed to complete the quest aka "his grandmother's keepsake from the awakened dead in Solace Bridge" I have been playing for a week now trying to get this item to drop , having to leave the instance once all the mobs are dead and re-enter it to reset the spawn, since in OFFLINE mode , non of the mobs respawn , it makes it difficult enough to obtain such items, but this particular items for this particular quest does NOT seem to be dropping AT ALL. Please look into this.

5. Steps to Reproduce: Just do the quest

6. User Specs: Intel(R) Core(i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz 3.70 GHz
    16 GB , 64-bit OS , x64-based processor
    Windows 10 Home
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti

Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
  2. Nicholas Dark

Nicholas Dark Avatar

Finally got the item to drop after weeks of trying to get it. Don't know if a fix was put in or if the problem is due to the ratio of the drop and the fact that mobs do not respawn without a reset of the instance. At any rate the drop should be guaranteed drop in an offline game. Online is a different situation.

Jaesun likes this.
  3. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Thanks for the report! There aren't separate rules for when quest items drop in offline versus online mode, but I'll review its chances to drop and tweak it as necessary. Issue #65895

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.