Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Finding it terribly difficult to move around

Discussion in 'Release 9 Feedback' started by Tarragon Slayer, Aug 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tarragon Slayer

Tarragon Slayer Avatar

Perhaps it's because I have an AZERTY keyboard, I don't know, but I find it terribly difficult to move through the world.
    I know I can change the keys to something which might suit me better, but I end up using my left hand to change direction while I need to have my right hand on the mouse to actually go.
    And then there's the constant switching through ctrl m to have my cursor or not.

I find it very complicated, and constantly end up with my arms and hands doing everything wrong.

It was an adjustment for me 15 years ago playing my first 3D games, but I got the knack of that relatively quickly. This system of moving about makes me lose courage quickly, resulting in no longer feeling like exploring further.

Am I doing this wrong?
    It seems the silliest of questions here to ask how I should move about in the game.
    Help from anyone right-handed, also using AZERTY would be greatly appreciated :oops:

2. Skwal

Skwal Avatar

WASD = ZQSD in Azerty.

I think you definitively need to change the keys to be able to move correctly, or you can hold both buttons of the mouse to move, but the keyboard is still very useful to look around while you walk sideways.

Tarragon_Slayer and Sir Cabirus like this.
  3. Tarragon Slayer

Tarragon Slayer Avatar

Many thanks!
    I can get used to moving by the mouse :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.