Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Fire Arrow damage is to small

Discussion in 'Release 8 Feedback' started by jiirc, Jul 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

There are a few spells that I use quite a bit, fire arrow is one of them. Unless fire arrow leads to a powerful combo of some sort, it is greatly underpowered as a spell. In watching the combat logs, it seldom does over 5 damage. (Maybe there's some extra damage but 2 damage a second isn't a lot.) Maybe it could be an immediate instead of casted spell. (More on this in another feedback post. :) ) Not sure but I think it needs some kind of love.

Duke NRaas and Lord Baldrith like this.
  2. Floors

Floors Avatar

I dunno you killed me a couple times with it. It's hard to avoid. I remember taking more than 5 damage from it.

It's not as good as lighting with the stun effect that is a real killer tho...

jiirc likes this.
  3. GreenSmokeFalling

GreenSmokeFalling Avatar

I don't think the damage was that low with points in the one thing that boosted your fire damage.

4. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

I'll look at again.

I'll check again. When I was looking at the logs early on I didn't see much in the way of damage. I know that I could cast them fairly fast so maybe their was the illusion that they didn't more damage than they did. :)

I personally wasn't impressed by the added damage versus the cost. 10% of 10 points is only 1 point more damage. :) I could put the 2 points into something else that did more damage.

5. GreenSmokeFalling

GreenSmokeFalling Avatar

You get over 10% in damage from that skill but the real damage comes from the DoT(Damage over Time) effect and that passive also increases it's length. I use rend and fire fist thing (fire arrow when I can't get close) and it just eats people health away.

6. Floors

Floors Avatar

I was hit with a fire arrow and then I cast a heal and I still died from damage over time when I had about 1/5 health.

7. docdoom77

docdoom77 Avatar

I haven't played this release, but heal seemed woefully weak in past releases, so I'm not surprised you died.

Ragnabrock likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.