Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Fire shooting out of my head!!!

Discussion in 'Release 35 Bug Forum' started by Gairloch, Oct 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gairloch

Gairloch Avatar

Hey I saw a unknown item being sold by a NPC ...being curious I bought it to see what did. At first it did nothing but when I got back to my PRT and started playing with it fire started shooting out of my head . It didn't hurt my guy. I could aim it different ways and it seemed to be 4-5 jets of fire. The only way to get rid of it was to log out then back on...I don't think you intended that. But ya never know. I thought I would tell you , you sucked me right into it and now its stuck in my backpack! (O^O)

2. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

This is extremely funny.

That's what you get for playing with the unknown. Yep. Sounds to me like they're implementing Corpion Juice, ha ha.

But seriously, you need to give them more info. Go back to that NPC and type /bug, then it will put info into your clipboard and open your web browser to the bugs forum. Then find this thread, and paste (ctrl-V) into a new message. It will include info about your system and OS, but more importantly, the world coordinates of the NPC so they can go and find him. (...and maybe so that other silly people can play with fire shooting out of their head! Someone post pics!)

3. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Which build was this discovered on? It seems like you acquired a broken flaming bagpipe?

Could you please list the location coordinates of the npc selling it via the /loc chat command.

4. Gairloch

Gairloch Avatar

Build 35 . I bought if from the Tailoring NPC in Owls Head. However more info...maybe it wasn't the unknown item. I was just using the Butchering table and it did it again . Looks like it maybe the flaming bagpipe thing...although I don't have one!!

I am embarrassed because apparently what happen was when you open the Bank it selects all items and I inadvertently took everything in the bank and put it in my backpack!!! Well the was a pyrotechnic Bagpipe that is a reward and it equipped itself and was giving me the fire effect. So it wasn't either the Unknown item or the butcher station...my face is red !! So nevermind??

Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
  5. Scraps MacMutt

Scraps MacMutt Avatar

@Attenwood Is this a known issue? I just claimed my flaming bagpipes on my main account and gave them to my alt. When he talked to an NPC merchant the flames from the bagpipe appeared even though he wasn't using them. He had been using them just prior to zoning from the basement beneath our crafting pavilion. The flames persisted even when switching to combat mode.

[​IMG]

6. Julyn

Julyn Developer Emeritus

Thanks, y'all, we got this information submitted as Bug ID 36263

Cheers,
    Julyn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.