Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Fireball and Ring of Fire un-select combat garget

Discussion in 'Release 26 Bug Forum' started by Elwyn, Feb 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

When casting Fireball or Ring of Fire (probably other similar spells too), your current combat target is un-selected. Its highlight will turn from red to white. This only happens on the final click of choosing a target for the spell. If you escape out of it or select another spell, this doesn't happen.

If you are in auto-attack mode, this means that you will stop auto-attacking, and you will be unable to cast targeted spells until you can select a target again. If you are fighting two targets, you will usually end up targeting whichever one hits you first, regardless of which one you were fighting before.

Leostemplar likes this.
  2. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Submitting for review. Thanks.

3. Shortina

Shortina Avatar

I can confirm this happens when I use those spells; as well as corpse explosion.

There seems to also be some instances, and I am not sure it is designed this way or not, of when you try and use corpse explosion (there is a dead corpse there) and you can't cast it because you get a red circle instead of a green one. In one case, down in the Soltown sewers second room, it was furnishings that seemed to be in the way. I have had this happen occasionally out in the wild as well and assumed it had to do with ground elevation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.