Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

First character I type is not being inputted in chat menu after using "select all"

Discussion in 'Release 42 Bug Forum' started by Viper_Venom, May 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Viper_Venom

Viper_Venom Avatar

1. Title: Chat is not accepting first character input after using "select all"
    2. Reproduction Rate: 100%
    3. Blocker? No
    4. Details: If I select all in the chat box of the chat menu, then the next letter I type does nothing.
    5. Steps to Reproduce: Type any character(s) into the chat box, then use ctrl-a to select all. Next, type any character and it does not clear the text selection and get inputted, but the 2nd character I type does.
    6. User Specs: NA
    I'm working on better repro steps. It doesn't happen all the time, so I'm still trying to figure out what is triggering it.
    EDIT: I found the repro steps and have updated the bug report accordingly.

Last edited: May 26, 2017
  2. Viper_Venom

Viper_Venom Avatar

Ok I think I figured out the repro steps. If you do a "select all" in the chat box in the chat menu, then the next character you type will not input. I'll fix up my bug submission.

3. Viper_Venom

Viper_Venom Avatar

I probably should have put this in user interface. I was having a conversation with someone when I noticed it and just saw that and created the thread here.

4. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

Im very interested to see where the "select all" is cos right now I cant find it!

5. Viper_Venom

Viper_Venom Avatar

Hold the "Ctrl" button and pressing "a" at the same time, allows you to select all the text in a text area. I'm just talking about basic keyboard shortcuts like select all, copy and paste.

6. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

I worked that out, Im just wondering if somehow its confusing things such as ctrl takes focus away from the window, as its less common these days for people to use keyboard shortcuts, it may not be an intended thing and that ctrl+A actually is a secret short cut for something...

Forwarded for review

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.