Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

First glance performance increases.

Discussion in 'Release 43 Feedback Forum' started by Rufus D`Asperdi, Jun 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Good work.

I'm now running 30fps even in Central Brittany, and my load times are around 30 seconds or less.

I'll do a more exhaustive test later.

My current machine set up aligns perfectly with the Recommended System Requirements though my quad-core processor is 3Ghz, I have 32GB of Ram instead of 12, and my NVidia 1070 is driving a 4K monitor.

I'm encouraged by the gains.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2017
  2. Lord Ravnos

Lord Ravnos Avatar

what in-game visual settings are you using? also, Windows 10?

3. Miganarchine

Miganarchine Avatar

I just tested Ardoris and was getting approx 20fps when running around, which does seem a slight improvement, There does seem to be a more marked improvement when going from fastest to beautiful setting, but again no difference from 4k to 1080p which is odd, If i face away from the town centre and go towards one of the castles then the frame-rate goes up to the 40 range.
    In marked contrast I just got Watch dogs 2 and their is a big difference between 4k and 1080p on ultra settings, 1080 is around 40-50 and 4k is halved, lowered to high settings with all aliasing turned off at 4k it goes back up to around 40fps.

I would say overall SOTA is running smoother in Ardoris, not the stutter that I was getting in the last release, but hopefully they can get another 10fps before release in big town areas? "fingers crossed Freddie!"

4. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Yes, Windows 10, fully updated. Maxed out everything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.