Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

First impression Isle of Storms: chat window and movement

Discussion in 'Release 32 Feedback Forum' started by Kara Brae, Jul 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Two things bothered me when I entered the game for the first time after the wipe.

1. When I arrived at the Isle of Storms, Targeting mode was active. When I moved my mouse, the camera swung wildly. If I had been a new player, would I have known how to switch to Interactive mode, and resize and move the chat window?

2. A brand new player won't have friends or guild members to clutter up their chat window. But as a returning player, Arabella's dialogue was interrupted by so many "Soandso is online" and "Soandso is offline" that I couldn't read her dialogue properly. It immediately scrolled out of view every time I tried to read what she was saying. There needs to be a different solution for NPC dialogue I believe.

2. Gadfrey Zukes

Gadfrey Zukes Avatar

I agree with the mouse sensitivity. Please start it at min and let players adjust it. It's crazy sensitive at the start. We are rpg players and this is not a twitch shooter

Cassandra Corax likes this.
  3. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

Chat window robustness is yet to come I believe. Im sure theyll have the same default options as all other big games when it comes to the chat window, namely the ability to customize colors and off/on for every possible text channel. Id love these features now too, but I think there are more pressing matters currently.

As for movement, I cant seem to find a button to rotate my avatar with the keyboard. Q/W should be it by default. Without this key, running requires 2 hands - mouse to rotate, and left hand to strafe/stop. Id like to hit auto-run and just rotate my direction with Q and W, and dodge trees and rocks with A and D.

4. Retlaw

Retlaw Avatar

Keyboard rotation was removed by default, but I believe you can re-map as you like.

5. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

Thanks, Ill look again, but I couldnt seem to find it in the options.

[update]

Yup, found it, dont know how I missed that. It was defaulted to "[" and "]". Thanks!

Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
  6. Gadfrey Zukes

Gadfrey Zukes Avatar

rotate with keyboard was remapped to [ and ]

I remapped mine to q and e. i realize it was probably done to make e the TAKE ALL button, but i mapped my take all to T instead

7. Vaentorian

Vaentorian Localization Team

On Kara's point 2 - I didn't have anything but Arabella's statements in the chat window, but in response to some topics she would have a lot to say and the first parts would instantly disappear off the top of the window, so I had to scroll up and back down to read the whole answer. The text was broken up into separate 'phrases' but as they were all delivered at once it didn't help. Yes NPC chat still needs a bit more attention :)

Kara Brae likes this.
  8. Quenton

Quenton Avatar

I said this in another thread - it has to be very apparent that you can press TAB to switch between mouselook targeting and cursor mode, maybe made obvious to the player more than once.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.